Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a cross post from the Conventions forum.

Tennessee Game Days 2008

This year’s Tennessee Game Days (TGD) weekend is scheduled for Friday, May 2nd through Sunday, the 4th in Nashville, TN. The weekend of open gaming boasts a single location and extended hours over last year’s popular event. We are also proud to announce two new sponsors for this year’s event: North Star Games, makers of Wits & Wagers and Cluzzle, and Let it Sew, an internet embroidery retailer - with hopefully some more sponsors to announce soon!

What is Tennessee Game Days?

Tennessee Game Days is an open gaming convention held annually in Nashville, TN. Attendees from all over Tennessee and surrounding states gather for three solid days of open gaming. All kinds of board and card games will be available for play and you can find willing opponents for just about any game you might bring along.

As mentioned, this year’s event will all be held in a single location, the Fellowship Hall of Donelson Christian Church (2319 Lebanon Road in Nashville). If you preregister, admission for the gaming weekend is just $15 for an individual or $25 for a couple / family membership. Preregistration will be handled through our website, and will go live in late January. Prices will be slightly higher at the door: $20 for a Friday through Sunday admission, $15 for Saturday & Sunday, and $10 for Sunday alone.

The current schedule for the weekend is as follows:
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 12:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

In addition to the open gaming time, there will be several events throughout the weekend. Those currently scheduled include:
A Wits & Wagers Game Show Event – sponsored by North Star Games, compete in one of the most exciting and well-received party games in recent memory. Winners will be taking home brand new copies of Wits and Wagers, the 2007 Boardgamegeek Party Game of the Year
The annual Take it Easy Tournament- play a rousing game of Take it Easy with your fellow attendees for fun and prizes
Saturday Morning Flea Market – an opportunity to sell some games and buy some new ones

And others that are in the works and will be announced soon! Please join our guild here on the 'Geek so that you don’t miss any of the latest announcements. You can also visit our website for all the latest news and complete details. Start making plans to attend TGD 2008 today!

What games are played at TGD?

New attendees often want to know what types of games are played at TGD; the event is focused on open gaming, so the easy answer is anything that you can find an opponent to play. That being said, the attendees of our event typically play family strategy games, like Catan or Power Grid. In addition to these games, modern conflict oriented games are also usually well represented - games like History of the World, Commands & Colors: Ancients, or Twilight Imperium (Third Edition). What you won't see much of are miniatures games, like Warhammer 40k, or collectible card games, like Magic: the Gathering - if your gaming tastes are focused predominately in either of those areas, this probably won't be the most fruitful event to attend. There is a Past Events area of our website that will give you a better idea of what is played and what the event looks like.

Hope you can join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennessee Game Days is proud to announce it's newest sponsor for this year's event: Gateplay Games - the place to send newbies to the "gaming" hobby. Thanks Gateplay!

We're preparing to announce more sponsors and the opening of preregistration soon!

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our registration page is live and preregistration is available now. You can learn more at our website.

Hope you can attend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennessee Game Days is proud to announce it's newest sponsor for this year's event: Time Well Spent - visit their web site today, daily specials are posted!

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennessee Game Days is proud to announce TWO new sponsors for this year's event: Games Surplus and Out of the Box.

Registration is open, be sure to visit www.tngamedays.com for all the info!

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to finally being able to attend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'll probably be able to make it this time Rick. The Beale St. Music Fest is that weekend, but the artists are pretty lame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect to be there. Yippee! Now, who wants to play Through the Ages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up for those watching this thread (and are not on any other mailing lists that I've spammed):

(a) The preregistration deadline is creeping up (April 1), so get your reduced price admission today.

(b) We have a finalized schedule for the weekend, you can peruse it here.

(c) We are also having a no ship Math Trade for the event, check out here .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
I expect to be there. Yippee! Now, who wants to play Through the Ages?

That sounds like fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darden
United States
Lake Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect to be there as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you just purchase a Saturday ticket? That's the only day I could possibly attend, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken: You can, but at this point, with the preregistration discount, you're better off registering for the whole thing and not using the other days if you can't make it. You can find all the details here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
Can you just purchase a Saturday ticket? That's the only day I could possibly attend, I think.

Franklincobb: Since you are staying in Tennessee rather than coming over to Maryland for Trashfest May 1-4, I hope you'll still be playing some Trash (post a report here or at F:AT). I don't want here any reports about how you buckleted under and played in an Agricola tournament. But have a great time. On,Science Fiction Saturday, May 2nd we'll do a shot of Tennessee's finest in your honor inbetween playing StarCraft and Ti3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a Geeklist for coordinating games.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30162
Please come comment. Let's get some buzz going!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I'm really getting excited for this.

What will there be in the way of food/drink at the convention itself?
What eating establishments are nearby?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will most likely be selling soda and waters at the location. If anyone has brand preferences, speak up.

There are the usual fast food places close by and Oprymills is just up the road and has a number of restaurants and a food court there. I'll have a complete rundown for attendees much like I did last year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to preregister for Tennessee Game Days 2008. By preregistering you not only save yourself some money, but you’ll also save time registering at the event, since your name tag and registration information will be on file. Also, couple / family registration is only available if you preregister, so if you’re bringing your spouse or child, be sure to register today!

Full details can be found at http://www.tngamedays.com/registration.html

Game on!
Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
rickkeuler wrote:
If anyone has brand preferences, speak up.

Did you add that for my benefit?!? I was only joking. Although, yes it's true. I cannot stand Pepsi or any of its products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im thinking about dropping in on this convention. The stars have aligned as I have business in Huntsville on Friday and will have to head back up to Louisville, KY area that weekend AND the wife will be out of town with the little one at the same time.

Its just a bit awkward heading to one of these in a group of 1. Anyone else going thats in the same boat?

(Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to make sure it was seen.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get your ass down there, Scott. Don't worry, we'll find you some games. I travelled from abroad solo last year, and it was a non-issue. I went to BGG.con solo, and it was a non-issue.

Look for the Geeklist and pre-arrange some games if you're still concerned, but I bet you'll have a blast and meet a lot of great Geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChemEng wrote:
Its just a bit awkward heading to one of these in a group of 1. Anyone else going thats in the same boat?

We have some "groups of 1" that are coming back for their second and third TGD - come on out, we'll get out in some games and make sure you have some fun!

Hope to see you!

Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any advice as to which hotel to stay at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have a reservation at the La Quinta on Atrium way... a little pricey for a La Quinta, but then again I have 2 other people that'll be sharing the room with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SybotCB wrote:
I cannot stand Pepsi or any of its products.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.