Popular Tags: [View All]
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am allied with a minor power, is there any way for me to become unallied so that I can attempt to control their cities? Otherwise I can become inadvertently handcuffed by an ally I don't even want.

Can allies acquired through playing an action chit leave the boundaries of their respective territory?

In an Egyptian multi-round action, must a player wait until Egypt is cleared off of the board before playing their own Egypt event, or do they rest control of the Egyptians from the first player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Markham
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am allied with a minor power, is there any way for me to become unallied so that I can attempt to control their cities? Otherwise I can become inadvertently handcuffed by an ally I don't even want.
If you want to do that, you must remove their armies from where they are and announce that you are entering their area. (even if you have troops there). Then it is determined which of your opponents will have control of the forces. They are then redrawn and placed out on the minor country's areas according with the initial forces for that minor country.

Can allies acquired through playing an action chit leave the boundaries of their respective territory?
Yes.

In an Egyptian multi-round action, must a player wait until Egypt is cleared off of the board before playing their own Egypt event, or do they rest control of the Egyptians from the first player?

They must wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you want to do that, you must remove their armies from where they are and announce that you are entering their area. (even if you have troops there). Then it is determined which of your opponents will have control of the forces. They are then redrawn and placed out on the minor country's areas according with the initial forces for that minor country.

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean by "remove their armies from where they are"? Those armies cannot leave their own territory per section 11.0 of the rules regarding "Invading Minor Countries".

Or do you mean I simply remove all of their armies from the board when I make my own declaration?

If so, if there are multiple countries which have invaded the same minor country, I assume neither can gain control of the minor country. What if all players decide to invade the same minor country?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Markham
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean by "remove their armies from where they are"? Those armies cannot leave their own territory per section 11.0 of the rules regarding "Invading Minor Countries".

Sorry, I thought you were referring to you had made a minor alliance through an Event chit.

Or do you mean I simply remove all of their armies from the board when I make my own declaration?
[b][What I was referring to was a gamey tactic of moving all the minor country units away from the cities and then taking them unopposed. Instead, the new player controlling the country when you attack would be given opportunity of redeploying the forces listed on the initial set-up./b]

If so, if there are multiple countries which have invaded the same minor country, I assume neither can gain control of the minor country. What if all players decide to invade the same minor country?

If all decide to attack (never happened in any games played), then the minor country's units are stacked inthe cities up to stacking limits and a player is designated to roll for them but not control their movement. They just stay where they are set-up. If there are more units than can stack on the cities, then randomly determine an adjacent land area in the minor country's home.

By the way, these situations occur at best infrequently. Once you've played the game a few times I think you will see what I mean. In any case, I hope you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Rob.

It seems we were playing what was a very different game than was intended.
I appreciate your availability on these questions.
Here's one more for you:

Player A enters a minor country and Player B wins control of it. Over the next few turns, new troops are added to the minor country's forces. Now Player B wishes to act as an aggressor to the minor country. He declares his intentions. Players C and D roll and Player C now has control of the minor country's forces. Does he remove all of the minor country's minor forces and redploy the ones indicated in initial setup or does he redeploy all of the forces (more than the initial setup) remaining on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. It appears to have not been answered, so I am bumping it here.

Monday Bio wrote:
Thanks, Rob.

It seems we were playing what was a very different game than was intended.
I appreciate your availability on these questions.
Here's one more for you:

Player A enters a minor country and Player B wins control of it. Over the next few turns, new troops are added to the minor country's forces. Now Player B wishes to act as an aggressor to the minor country. He declares his intentions. Players C and D roll and Player C now has control of the minor country's forces. Does he remove all of the minor country's minor forces and redploy the ones indicated in initial setup or does he redeploy all of the forces (more than the initial setup) remaining on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.