Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, this is my first post on BGG. Been a lurker for a few weeks and finally decided to jump in and join the fun. Hello to all! I've used the reviews and forums a lot already, appreciate their value very much, and hope to contribute to them in the future.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I hit "post" and then selected General Gaming because I didn't see a "Rules Question" thread. If there's a more correct place for a rules question like this, please let me know.

OK, here's my question. In the Cities & Knights expansion for Catan, it says that you place your initial settlements per the usual way, and then each player places a city. Who places the first city?

So in a 3 player game, settlements are placed: Player1, 2, 3, 3, 2, and then 1 again. So does Player 1 place the first city or does it go to Player 2 now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome to the Geek!

First, C&K setup. Each player gets 1 settlement and 1 city. The settlement gets placed first. So, in your 3 player example it would be: p1 (settlement), p2 (settlement), p3 (settlement), p3 (city), p2 (city), p1 (city).

Second, where to post: Each game entry has its own forums. One of those forums is specifically for rules questions. Here's the link for the C&K rules forums: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/66/game/926 I would add the suggestion that the subject line should be as descriptive as possible. Too often people use subjects like "a quick question" that doesn't tell others what the thread/question is about. It's rather annoying when looking through the rules forums to see if your question had already been answered. Just to give an example, "Catan Cities & Knights Rules Question" seems reasonable in the general gaming forum because it narrows things down from 30k+ games to just one. If it were in the rules forums, we would already know it was about C&K. Simply adding "about setup" goes a long way in helping scan the topics.

EDIT - Added a link to the C&K rules forums, a minor rant about subject titles, and flipped flopped my 2 points...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
First off, Welcome!

Second, this isn't the best place to post questions. Typically, it is best to go the page pertaining to the game and post there. Your questions will be found and answered that much quicker.

For Cities & Knights, click here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/926

As to your question, I bleieve you misread something. In C&K, you get 1 Settlement w/road. Pick one player and go clockwise. Then going counter-clockwise, place a City w/ road. Then start the game going clockwise.

The city replaces the 2nd settlement. It is not added to the two settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! Double d'oh!!

Thank you both for the info on where to post (I get it now) and for the rule clarification. Clearly, I read that rule wrong.

Thanks for the welcome and the info.

Posting more responsibly,
Kurt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*gasp* I actually managed to post before someone else?! Too many times I've been edged out because it takes me so long to put thoughts into words...

Granted, I only succeeded this time because I added half of my post in an edit, but still...
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.