Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've got a thread in the Wargames forum that I'd like to bounce to the top of the forum every time I update.

The thread is here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2022019
and it is paired with this geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/23350

In the past I had a thread that I posted update info to sequentially, but making readers click through to the last post in the thread for new info didn't make sense. I deleted that thread and felt a thread with all the relevant data in the top post, which I would then make edits to when updates were done, would be more efficient for everyone.

However, now the thread doesn't get bumped anymore, which is bad for the thread & geeklist's visibility.

Please don't assume this is a vanity issue - this thread provides a valuable service and needs to periodically bounce back to the top of the forum to catch new users.

I tried adding a post to bounce it, and then deleting the post (to avoid spam) but when the post was deleted the thread reverted to its previous spot in the forum list based upon the date of its last post.

Any suggestions? The whole point of killing the last thread and switching to this format was to avoid spam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shad wrote:
However, now the thread doesn't get bumped anymore, which is bad for the thread & geeklist's visibility.

Editing a post doesn't bump? When did that change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is something that should be pinned?? It looks like a lot of people find it helpful. I would try contacting an admin and asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Shad wrote:

Editing a post doesn't bump? When did that change?

Did it ever? I've got 300+ edits on the FLGS list, but never saw it bumped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not that I think that regular bumping is a great idea without management permission, but you could just put a post at the bottom called *bump*, leave it on there until the next bump; delete the last post then add another called *bump*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.