Popular Tags: [View All]
Thiago Boaventura
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I offer power tokens for take support?? Any ways to get support?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine that anybody could use anybody else's power tokens. You wouldn't want to give those up anyway, since your opponent could just then hold on to the tokens and not use them depriving you of power for the rest of the game. What you could maybe do is 'promise' not to try to outbid your opponent on one of the power tracks or commit to not attacking or supporting against him in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Question.... Answer: NO

Second Question.... Answer: Talk (ie. convince) to the other players

But maybe I don't understand your questions. Power tokens don't directly affect the battle resolutions, but can be used to aquire the Steel Blade Token, Raven Token, position on the Fiefdoms track which strongly determine the outcomes of battles. Support is determined by the placement of Support order tokens. Other players with adjacent Support order tokens can (at their option) allow their support order force to help out in your battles (See rulebook page 12 "Call for Support"), if no support order tokens are adjacent then no support can be offered. The current FAQ on Fantasy Flight Games website explains 'Call for Support' is done in Turn Order.

The rulebook is pretty clear on this aspect of the game.

Assuming of course you understand the aspect of real-life diplomacy is part of the nature of "A Game of Thrones".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Mitchell
United States
Los Osos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Prior to the release of the Storm of Swords expansion, I would have been inclined to say no. Now, however, there is at least one circumstance in which you are allowed to trade power tokens - for hostages. This provides a mechanic (an obvious one, but official, at least) for trading power tokens - namely, decreasing your Power Pool by X tokens, and thereby allowing your designated opponent to increase their Power Pool by the same amount. Admittedly, no other form of negotiation-by-bribery is mentioned, but I don't know of anywhere specifically prohibiting the practice. I have every intention of allowing bribery of this sort in the next game I run - not so much because there's no rule against it, but because I think it would make the game more fun.

That's kind of the point, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 14
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. It does state that a player may not take a power token from another house and also describes when you may take power tokens from the pool.

I think that it would be against the design of the game where actions are generally sequential or blind build. Ther would be no way to force one player to complete the action. It would effectively allow a player (say for example with the valerian blade) to bully tribute from (all)players with weaker positions preventing the next clash of kings from changing the status quo.

If you want another players power than raid his consolidate power orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.