Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, I noticed somebody made the claim under their rating of this expansion. Something to the effect of the 5 player game doesn't allow for enough food to keep things sustainable, but beyond that they didn't elaborate.

I have learned to disregard complaints made in that section since most lack rebuttals to erroneous information. In this instance, I just had to ask (as I just bought the base game and plan to play 5 initially).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played 5 and 6 player and I think it works fine. Just a tighter game and good to grab those helpful genes quickly....I think 5 is a bit better since less downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The problem isn't the player count. The problem is the expansion genes which are horribly unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
The problem isn't the player count. The problem is the expansion genes which are horribly unbalanced.

You're the first person I've seen say this. The general consensus I've culled from reading reviews seems to be that the expansion genes are really weak and bland compared to the originals.

Not saying I don't believe you, but can you elaborate? I'm still waiting on my copies to arrive, and I opted to purchase both the core game and expansion in one shot - sight unseen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.