Subject: Area Control Variant: Water Districts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Aquadukt is a competent game, but it doesn't generate a lot of excitement within me. I think it could really shine with an additional layer of strategy. All of the elements are present for an area control game, except for the actual mechanic. Let's see if we can solve two problems with the same solution.

Aquadukt: Water Districts
The game is played as usual, with an exception for the game end and scoring.

Game End and Scoring
As soon as all canals are built, the current round is finished, so that all players have the same number of turns. (unchanged)

Scoring:
All tiles not supplied with water are taken off the board and removed from the game. (unchanged)

For each numbered area (district) on the board, each player counts his houses supplied with water. The player with the most houses in a district earns three points. The player with the second most houses in a district earns one point.

If two players are tied for having the most houses supplied with water in a single district, then they each earn two points. No other points are awarded for this district.

If three players are tied for having the most houses supplied with water in a single district, then they each earn one point. No other points are awarded for this district.

If all four players are tied for having the most houses supplied with water in a single district, then no points are awarded for this district.

If two or more players are tied for having the second most houses supplied with water in a single district, then these players do not earn anything.

After tallying up all of the points earned in each of the 20 districts, the player with the most points wins!

In the case of a tie, the player with the most houses wins. In other words, the victory condition of the standard game is the first-round tiebreaker in this variant.

If there is still a tie, then the player with the most house tiles supplied with water wins. In other words, the tiebreaker from the standard game is the second-round tiebreaker in this variant.

Hopefully this variant lends some additional weight to the placement of the 3- and 4-house tiles. Please give it a try, and let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.