Popular Tags: [View All]
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evening games of RFtG are becoming quite common between Hil and I. Usually 3 as we quite often need a tie-break.

First game tonight was Old Earth (me) versus Earth's New Colony (her) it was a quick job on her part. I opened with a few synergistic worlds with prices in 2-4 range (Gem World - Distant World and such) but took a while to get that engine going. In the mean time she went hard on the developments while dropping some very cheap blue worlds on my settle phases. I misses first two developments while she laid down both Investment Credits and the Galactic Bank. When she dropped the Galactic Federation it was more or less game over for me. My engine was just starting to give me some decent trades but very little in terms of victory points. She on the other hand had virtually free development of anything she may draw. She quickly got the Free Trade Association out (to cash on her cheep blue worlds) and closed it of with Galactic Renaissance. I managed to get both Pangalactic League and Trade League out in the end game but it was much too little much too late.
B: 41 H: 56

I kept on getting Old Earth so in second game it was Old Earth (me) vs. Epsilon Erridani (her).
This time it was me who got the number of cheap blue worlds early on in the game. I use explore/settle routine to get them out while slowly increasing my hand, in the mean time she put a number of developments and small military words. She got a slight edge in the tableau size but by that point I had Merchant Guild out and was able to do consume x2/produce and still maintain healthy hand size while earning 4-6 points per turn. As we were running out of V.P. chits I dropped Free Trade Association and clinched the game.
B: 57 H: 40

Third game was almost a reprise of the second except that Hil was plagued by even worse luck. I dithered a little early on between blue and brown worlds but went with mostly blue and managed to play Consumer Markets relatively early so that I was getting 5 cards per production phase. From then on it was only consume x2/produce for me and there was no way Hil could catch up, even with Galactic Federation she dropped.
B: 46 H:31

Once again, short play time and tense gameplay make this game a short-game favorite in our household. While Hil is by no means a typical wife/girlfriend when it gets to games I would still say this is one of the best games to play with one's significant other without much forethought or preparation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.