Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Mooney
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game, and had a question regarding replenishing tiles.

At what point do you replenish tiles on your active turn? ONLY after the end of the second turn?

What if you go to war with someone on your first turn, and then use all of your tiles in hand (all same color), are you allowed to replenish at that point? Or would you then be forced to either move a leader or forfeit the second ... which brings me to my other question.

Do you have to do 2 turns? Can you just forfeit the 2nd turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only replenish tiles at the end of a whole turn, after two actions. (Don't forget that everyone replenishes tiles at the end of a turn, not just the active player.) I would guess that it is possible to pass one action, but I'm not entirely sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt's response is correct. If you use all your tiles on your first action your second action can be very lonely. This happens, but very rarely. It is very important though that you not replenish until after both actions and that everyone replenish at that time.

It is also important to replenish starting with the person whose turn it is and proceeding clockwise - anything else would be bad karma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Passing is an option, very rarely used, but still a valid option.

As per the previous poster, the draw back to six occurs after your second action. Note this is different to the action where you may choose to discard 1-6 tiles and redraw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mooknee wrote:
Do you have to do 2 turns? Can you just forfeit the 2nd turn?

Yes, although it is hardly ever a good idea you can pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Mooney
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, that helped a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce H
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
You only replenish tiles at the end of a whole turn, after two actions. (Don't forget that everyone replenishes tiles at the end of a turn, not just the active player.)

This is a very important factor pertaining to the ENDING THE GAME rule confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.