Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

La Città» Forums » Rules

Subject: Migration clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A question about migration came up last night.

The rules say that each player will evaluate all his cities and resolve any migrations. Does this mean that the same city can lose or gain 2 citizens each turn, per neighboring city?

That seems to be what the rules are saying and that's how we played it last night... but this makes for a very brutal migration phase!

EDIT: typos
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pitris wrote:
The rules say that each player will evaluate all his cities and resolve any migrations. Does this mean that the same city can loose or gain 2 citizens each turn, per neighboring city?

No.
When you're evaluating your cities, you only do migrations towards you cities, not away from them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that will surely soften things up! Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wong Stephen
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I still do not understand. In case I have a city with two neighbouring cities which belong to opponents. If the service point of my city is higher than the opponents' cities, should my city gets two citizens from them? Or, if the service point of my city is lower than the two cities, should I lose two citizens to both cities when the respective opponents evaluate their cities' service point? Thanks in advance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckwong wrote:
I still do not understand. In case I have a city with two neighbouring cities which belong to opponents. If the service point of my city is higher than the opponents' cities, should my city gets two citizens from them?


If your city is stronger than bot your opponents' then it will receive one citizen from each city when it's your turn to evaluate your cities.

ckwong wrote:
Or, if the service point of my city is lower than the two cities, should I lose two citizens to both cities when the respective opponents evaluate their cities' service point? Thanks in advance.


That's correct. If your city is weaker, you'll lose 1 citizen to each of your opponents's cities, but on their turn to evaluate their cities.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.