Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: chess and booze don't mix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.wpxi.com//news/15127575/detail.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually what happened was that these two guys were gonna fight. Then someone yelled:

"Real men fight it out on the chess board"

So they set their guns on the bar and began a kings indian defense, which as we all know is quite popular these days. One guy forgot to castle when he was supposed to after knocking the clock over, so he tried to take the move back. Everyone knows that it's touch move, so with some consternation, the other guy shook his head and pursed his lips and began reaching for his Para Carry 9 and...next thing you know, bullets flew everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Millions of Russians completely disagree with the title of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title of the story is a little sensationalistic, as well. It doesn't seem like the activity of Chess had anything to do with the gun being picked up. It may as well have been "Bullets fly when watching TV gets out of hand!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
colleens wrote:
began reaching for his Para Carry 9 and...next thing you know, bullets flew everywhere.

Ya know, I've seen seriously considering a Parry Carry 9 as my CCDW gun. You seem knowledgeable. What do you think of it compared to the Springfield Armory EMP and the Kimber Aegis II?

I've also been considering switching to the King's Indian Defense but that's a less urgent matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Ya know, I've seen seriously considering a Parry Carry 9 as my CCDW gun. You seem knowledgeable. What do you think of it compared to the Springfield Armory EMP and the Kimber Aegis II?

Michael Baine says it best...
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid452320104/bcli...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.