Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be an error in rulebook 1.1
In the terrain section.

The text for HEDGE relating to Artillery seems OK to me, but the same text about Artillery for WALL is worded differently and seems to means that WALL protect unit firing behind walls rather than units fired at behind walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It is an inconsistency in wording, but I always understood it to mean that wall cover doesn't apply for mortars and artillery. This is reinforced by the Terrain Chart which clearly indicates that the cover of walls and hedges are NA against mortars and artillery.

But it might be a good idea for Chad to have consistent phrasing for both sections if there is another version of the rules. But I suspect v1.1 was the version sent to GMT for their eventual reprint of CC:E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard is correct on all accounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
It is an inconsistency in wording, but I always understood it to mean that wall cover doesn't apply for mortars and artillery. This is reinforced by the Terrain Chart which clearly indicates that the cover of walls and hedges are NA against mortars and artillery.

But it might be a good idea for Chad to have consistent phrasing for both sections if there is another version of the rules. But I suspect v1.1 was the version sent to GMT for their eventual reprint of CC:E

I understand it that way too, it was just to mention the error for future correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you Arnaud. I'll have the wording synchronized for all future versions of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick Warcholak wrote:
Yup. It's a tomato, tomato issue.

Hmmm... that doesn't come across in text.

Well my wife just asked me for an anagram of Feat and I said Fate, she said no I mean Feet and I said yes i said Fete. (True story)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.