Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Silzer
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a game dedicated to using the tight ends as weapons of destruction.

I first tried setting them on the OLOS and pulling them into the peg next to the QB. This put them into a position for short yardage on a hand off.

Next I fooled around with having them do a loop and end up threatening what ever the defense put onto the DLOS.

The third craziness I applied was to set them slightly off to the left or right behind the OLOS then snap to the running back which was then used to draw the defense to the side away from the tight end to be used. Once the defense was committed and the path for the running back was sealed I reversed the field handed off to the tight end and zig zagged for the first down. The jump and shift makes them hard targets and they can reverse the field sufficiently that if a secondary man is down field they can hand off to a straight liner for a TD. I have not been able to run TE in for a TD YET.

The last thing I tried was to hold off the defenders and use the running back to draw to a side. Once the defense is committed I seep a TE into the center and do a double hand off back through the QB to the TE which usually has a shot over the center for 5 yds. and more often than not a second hop for 10.

These guys are amazing to watch if only for the pleasure of seeing the defender go crazy trying to figure out how to stop them.devil On average 3 men have to be pulled back to take the TE down.

You can tell I am having fun and I do not worry too much about reality as long as the pieces do the job for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TEs can be evil indeed. They also come in handy to block lines-of-coverage so a receiver can get open, and they make a useful backup receiver if the primary receiver doesn't get open.

Sending a TE two moves downfield then waiting for the opportunity to bring him back to an eligible receiving position also drives the D nuts.

In fact that's our main issue with the game: driving the D nuts is pretty easy. We've gone to requiring a gain beyond ten yards to qualify for a first because the D was having such a tough time (and yes, we've read the comments about maintaining defensive pressure on the QB).

But you're right, the TEs are a lot of fun.

Oh, and try this: handoff to TE, then TE-as-Passer. As long as he's behind the LOS, he remains eligible to throw. Talk about crazy scrambling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.