Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems this game really died. There is no mention of it anymore on the publishers' site and I couldn't find any fan sites either. It didn't even warrant a Wikipedia entry, so in the future BGG might be the best source of information for this game.

Looking at ebay and reading through things, this is what I have gleaned about the game's releases:

Operation Nightfall (2004) was the base set of 344 (but actually 349) cards. It included 60-card starter decks for 5 factions (Krypt, Nine Tiger, Banshee Net, Shadow Patriots, Bloodvine). Each starter also came iwth 24 mission cards. Booster packs contained 15 cards.

Extinction Agenda (2004) was the first expansion of 160 (actually 162) cards. It included starters for 3 factions (The Franchise, Bloodvine, Shadow Patriots) and booster packs with 11 cards.

Day of the Bullet (2005) was expansion #2 of 160 (actually 161) cards. It included starters for 4 factions (The Franchise, Shadow Patriots, Krypt, Banshee Net). Booster packs were 11 cards.

Murder Lottery (2005) was expansion #3. It was supposed to be 160 cards but was apparently just 141 cards, released in booster packs of 11 cards. Scheduled starter decks were scrapped, so no starters in this release.

Three additional scheduled releases did not see the light of day: Seven Sins to Doomsday, Wildnerness of Mirrors, No One Owns the Future.

Shadow Academy (2004) was a self-contained introductory game with two 60-card preconstructed decks (Krypt and Nine Tiger Dynasty factions) and 24 mission cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it will be around forever, but apparently there is a Spycraft website out there:

http://spycraft.cardsnotwords.com/

Also, there is a Spycraft thread in the 'gone but not forgotten' forum at alderac.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for compiling this. I knew most of it already, but it's nice to have in one place. I have the original starters, but still haven't played it. It's a shame because, based on the rules and flipping through the cards, it looks like a really great multiplayer CCG. Someday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
GaryP wrote:
Based on the rules and flipping through the cards, it looks like a really great multiplayer CCG.

Hmm... I thought it looked like a great 2-player game looking through the cards. My CCG partner and I made it through a few matches, but found that information overload (too many agents with too many factors and abilities in play) made it overly taxing, and we've benched it. I'm not sure how Spycraft works multiplayer, but it seems like you would either end up with mega-overload, or mega-downtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good (if disappointing) to know. The amount of special effects was a bit of a concern for me, but I figured it wouldn't be bad in practice. But if two CCG players thought so... ah well. I still want to try it, but I'll be sure to try 2P first with someone who likes CCGs. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
I don't know if it will be around forever, but apparently there is a Spycraft website out there:

http://spycraft.cardsnotwords.com/

Also, there is a Spycraft thread in the 'gone but not forgotten' forum at alderac.com.

Ok, well it looks like that site didn't last long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Le-Huy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played quite a lot of it and I think it is a great game!

Yes there is a lot of think to remember and the game suffered from weird wording but the face-down mechanics for inactive agents and gears is really great. You have to make decisions without knowing exactly what the other player has. I remember quite masterful bluffs laugh

Concerning multi-player mode, it's not so great since when you run missions, it's mainly one-on-one, some cards were introduced in the later sets to increase the interaction between multiple players but fundamentally it's not really multi-player friendly IMHO.

Fong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the card lists at Jirel's Spycraft site. Lots of broken links to the defunct AEG site where the lists were available, but his was the only one I found that had copies of the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Leuftink
Germany
flag msg tools
aka the yellow shirt guy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think maybee I give the game a try...
But where can I get the cardlist for the last Exp. Murder Lottery? Jirel´s site don´t list them....
And where are the multiplayer-rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened a Day of the Bullet booster box and a Murder Lottery booster box. Very different...

Day of the Bullet: 48 boosters of 11 cards each + 1 promo card included loose in the box = 529 cards. One booster had 4 rares and no uncommons - not sure if that was a a freak accident or there is one per box like that. Other than that exception, each pack was 1 rare, 3 uncommons, and 7 commons. In total (counting the freak pack), the box had 51 rares, 141 uncommons, 336 commons, and 1 promo card. 7 of the rares were foils (approximately 15%). The distribution was not very good. I'm still missing about a dozen rares out of 50.

Murder Lottery: 48 boosters * 11 cards each = 528 cards. 7 commons per pack, 3 uncommons, and 1 rare. However, 1 pack in 3 instead had 2 rares and 2 uncommons. There are no foils in Murder Lottery. In total, there were 64 rares, 128 uncommons, 336 commons. There was one "promo" card, but it was in a pack and took the spot of a rare so for all practical purposes it's another rare card. The set has 60 commons, 40 uncommons, and 40 rares (41 counting the promo card). The distribution was good - I got the entire set in one booster box.

Day of the Bullet booster box has some foils. 7 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare per pack. But on very rare occasions - 4 rares and no uncommons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed contents of Day of the Bullet starter deck for Shadow Patriots is below. Starter also includes 2 random rares (1 of which is a foil) and 3 random uncommons.

LEADERS
Sir Richard Poole (Level 4 leader)
Michael Parker (Level 3 leader)
R.C. (Level 2 leader)
Dove (Level 1 leader)

MISSIONS
Vault City 14
Twenty Questions
The Final Bullet
Hunting the Hunter
Fear and Loathing in Siberia
Baiting Jericho

GEAR
Surveillance Suite
Mobile Artillery x2
Ingram Mac-10 x2
Brass Knuckles x2
Hypnosis Lenses
H&K SOCOM
Secret Service SUV x2
Racing Cycle
Kevlar Wetsuit x2
Cell Phone Taser x2

AGENTS
Molly x2
Lynx x2
Collins x2
Bishop x2
Ozzie Chambers x2
Eddie Stratton IV x2
Davey Dimension x2

ACTIONS
The Edge
Academy Training x2
Out of Retirement
Tear Gas
Stakeout Duty x2
Live to Fight Another Day x2
Live Field Training x2
Demolition Derby x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed contents of Day of the Bullet starter deck for The Krypt is below. Starter also includes 2 random rares (1 of which is a foil) and 3 random uncommons.

LEADERS
Iron Flower (Level 4)
Tatiana Rostova (Level 3)
Jessica Styles (Level 2)
Clean Sweep (Level 1)

MISSIONS
Vault City 14
Twenty Questions
The Final Bullet
Hunting the Hunter
Baiting Jericho

GEAR
Hypnosis Lenses x2
Spy Shades x2
Mobile Artillery x2
Sports Car x2
Garotte x2
Secret Service SUV
Blackhawk
Pepper Spray x2

AGENTS
Marina Moreau x2
Kirianna Semenov x2
King Maul x2
Borya Grenig x2
Senior Sergeant Vetrov x2
Dominika Jones x2
Blindside x2

ACTIONS
The Long, Dark Winter x2
Trail of Crumbs
Emergency Training x2
Stakeout Duty
Rescue Team
Lost in the Crowd x2
Clocked x2
The Edge
Sex Appeal
The Driver x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed contents of Day of the Bullet starter deck for Banshee Net is below. Starter also includes 2 random rares (1 of which is a foil) and 3 random uncommons.

LEADERS
Nathan Sparks (Level 4)
Entropy Jones (Level 3)
Minx (Level 2)
Harlequin (Level 1)

MISSIONS
Vault City 14
Twenty Questions
The Final Bullet
Hunting the Hunter
Baiting Jericho

GEAR
X-Ray Lenses x2
Artillery Team
Mobile Artillery
Surveillance Suite
Climbing Harness
Rappeling Watch
Talley SMAW Rocket
First Aid Kit x2
Sports Car
Racing Cycle
Lockpicking Kit
H&K SOCOM
Explosive Pen x2

AGENTS
Spoilsport x2
Janus x2
Illum. Futures Security x2
Shiyu Takeda x2
"Orwell" x2
Officer Daniel O'Ryan x2
Jason Tierney x2

ACTIONS
Trip the Alarm
Dead Drop x2
Stakeout Duty
Run Interference
Rough Interrogation x2
Desperate Alliance x2
Disarm x2
Advance Team x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Williams
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all the booster boxes had 1 pack in it that replaced all uncommon with rares. At least all the boxes of ON I have ever opened did. I think they are refered to as god packs in other ccg's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.