BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Vorkosigan series - which are space adventures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently discovered the Vorkosigan saga by LM Bujold. Silly me, all these years I thought they were fantasy, not sci fi.

I'm a big space opera fan. So I enjoyed The Wizards Apprentice and The Vor Game. Which of the other novels are like these? I'm looking for spaceships, adventure, fighting - not political intrigues, chit-chat, what people are wearing, etc.

I'll give you an example - I read Barrayar. Well, actually I skimmed most of the first half (shame on me, I know) and avidly read the second half when the action picked up.

Now I've started into Cetaganda, and it's not looking promising, from an adventure/space opera angle....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

To be honest there aren't a lot of them that follow the ship vs. ship sorta thing... try the wiki and click on each book... it should allow a synopsis. Great books by the way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_McMaster_Bujold

Another good series although not a lot of space battle is

David Drake, the RCN series
http://www.webscription.net/chapters/0671578758/0671578758.h...

Follow the link to the free reading library with Baen Books. It's amazing for what you get to see and try out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:

To be honest there aren't a lot of them that follow the ship vs. ship sorta thing... try the wiki and click on each book... it should allow a synopsis.

Hmm, that's too bad.

I prefer not to read spoilers - better to ask the Geeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.