Subject: opinions on this vs For Sale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it safe to assume if you're browsing this game's forum, you prefer this over For Sale? Either way, state your preference and plz post anything on why that's so? Is it the cats, more simplicity, easier to learn, .... whatever reasons.

I just bought this game, but a minor nagging feeling was wondering if I should've gotten For Sale instead/also or at the very least, considered it. Up until after I bought this game, I never heard of For Sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I prefer Felix.

Felix has is one of those games you can play mindlessly or you can play it with a gamer's eye and make it significantly more complicated. For Sale always just left me with a feeling of "eh lets play something else", personally.

Felix is also much more accessible as a filler. IMO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Felix better, I like the hidden card, bluff, take-a-chance aspects of the game.

For Sale is enjoyable, but there are not many surprises during game play.

Felix is also a more enjoyable theme if your playing with younger kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand why some gamers might prefer 'For Sale' to this but I 'Felou/Felix' hits the right spot for me. It may seem like a semi-random game but the push-your-luck/bluffing/positional aspects of the game make it far more than the sum of it's parts.

It was the only '10' to come out of last years Essen for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.