Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules read:

Quote:
Every time when some player chooses action "To open a shop" he shake 3 dices (2 with points and 1 with titles of areas).
Points from both dices sums up. It shows the number of the shop in the area that is revealed by the third dice. If this shop is unoccupied, a black disc is put on it. It means that this shop is not operating in the game anymore as it is taken by independent competitors. If areas dice shows two areas, the black discs are put on both area shops.

For example: The player throws three dices. One dice has 2 points, one - 5 points , but the area dice shows "Perchersk". Sum of two point dices is 7, so it means that a black disc should be put on the shop number 7 in the "Perchersk" area. From now on it is taken by an independent competitors.

After that the player which chose this action opens a shop in his area, he is followed by other players who one by one can also open their shops in their areas. Besides the player which chose the action get the following discounts regarding opening of one shop:

in the first level area - 2 I'm $;
in the second level area - 3 I'm $;
in the third level area - 5 I'm $:

During one move it is possible to open not more than 2 shops in the area owned by the player.

A shop might be opened only if the player has at least 1 "worker" or "the team person" in the "Office". When the shop is opened "worker" or "team person" is relocated from the "Office" to the new shop.

In a "new area" the first shop can be opened wherever the player wants but the following shop in those places which are connects with a road to the first shop of the player in this area.

Shops are of different values, price of the shop is shown on the game board. A shop brings in such profit as written besides the price.

For example: 5/3, 7/4, 9/5, 10/6, 14/8. The first number - the price of the shop, the second number - profit brought by this shop.

I read this as:

All players:

- May place up to two shops in areas previously opened.

- The first shop in an area may be placed in any shop location not already occupied. Subsequent shops in an area must be connected by road to a previously opened shop.

- Player must have a worker or team player available to be placed in newly opened shop.

Choosing player's action:

- Roll the 3 dice. In the area indicated by the die, place a black disc on the shop whose number equals the sum of the other two dice. If that shop is already occupied, do nothing.

- Shop cost:

Level 1 area:
1st shop cost = cost of shop minus $2
2nd shop cost = printed cost

Level 2 area:
1st shop cost = cost of shop minus $3

Level 3 area:
1st shop cost = cost of shop minus $5

Other players' action:

- Shop cost: printed cost

Does that sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tangedal
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for opening shops are rather straightforward.

The only role the three dice play is to assign which of the shops is to be run by "independent competitors" (aka Mother Russia). The rules don't explicitly state what happens when the location indicated by the dice is already occupied. There really should be some action taken in this case.

I don't think the player should lose all their workers and control of the shop to the big bad bear, but I do think a rule like losing all workers in that store is fair. No one else could jump in right away unless they had a road to that location, but it still would be a better way to make the dice more integral to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cari Stark
United States
Farmington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MinneapolisMike wrote:
The rules don't explicitly state what happens when the location indicated by the dice is already occupied. There really should be some action taken in this case.

I interpret the rules to say that no action takes place if the shop is already occupied/opened.

MinneapolisMike wrote:
I don't think the player should lose all their workers and control of the shop to the big bad bear, but I do think a rule like losing all workers in that store is fair. No one else could jump in right away unless they had a road to that location, but it still would be a better way to make the dice more integral to the game.

That would be an interesting variation to try when playing with 4 or fewer players. When we played with 5 players, the first level regions filled up quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MinneapolisMike wrote:

The only thing that indicates ownership of a shop is that a player has a worker in it. Losing all the workers is pretty much the same as losing the shop.

Even if there is a way to indicate whose shop it is and prohibit other players with a road to it from putting workers there or limiting the loss to all but one worker, I can still see some circumstances where the loss of the income at the wrong time could decide the game. I am not so sure that opening things up to that possibility, even if remote, would be a good thing.

I think the dice add just the right amount of variability right now. They keep the map from being exactly the same every game but it is at most a nuisance but not a game decider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.