Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, I am confused about something but no one else seems to be, so I want the answer and then am happy to feel a bit dumb. If you spend the first three days of your turn loading, then the last four sailing, how do you track clear sailing days? Are you already sailing on the 4th day of clear days or do you simply start over with the days? Does that make sense? I guess, do you use the loading chit starting at one and the sailing chit starting at 1 on the track as well.

What I'm asking is, if you load up early in a turn and then start sailing in the northern sea are you dooming yourself with immediate losses?

Thanks, all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Days spent loading or pulling cards are separate from sailing days. If, in your example, you spent 3 days loading men and sailed for 4 days then you would calculate any losses based on 4 days of sailing, not 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Loading days don't count against your clear sailing days limit. In your example, you would move the preparation token up 3 days, then leave that token on the 3rd spot, and begin moving the sailing token from the 4th day. You would still have 4 clear days with which to sail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. I like this game a great deal, and it's nice having every rule down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have seperate tokens for loading and sailing - to keep track of sailing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Glass
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget drawing cards while in your chosen home port are also "day" actions that are tracked with the loading chit. It's easy to load and draw and never leave port as all 7 day actions would be used.
Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.