John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
This has coarse language and violent situations, doods.

PLAYERS
Acekim
Belash
copyWright
ctrzn
Genghis
le_cygne
Xandryyte

ALTERNATES
MichaelL
Esuh
bwt2q
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RESERVOIR DOGS

7 Players

Roles (6 Gangsters, 1 Undercover Cop):

Nice Guy Eddie
Mr White
Mr Blonde
Mr Orange
Mr Pink
Mr Brown
Mr Blue

This will be a cooperative/competitive game. The basic setup is the players versus the system, but ONE of the players is an undercover cop (it's not neccesarily Mr Orange). The cop will attempt to subvert the gangster players while still appearing to be one of them. If at some point his identity is revealed, he may either be killed, or escape, at which time he will actively try to stop the gangsters from winning. Think Shadows of Camelot or Lord of the Rings, mixed with online Werewolf (I've actually ripped both those board games off a lot with the system).

Each gangster will have a special ability. The undercover cop will have his gangster's special ability, but as the abilities are helpful to the gangster side, he may wish to be selective about how he uses it.

FLOW OF PLAY

The game structure is made up of 4-7 simultanously running Objectives. These Objectives are tasks the gangsters need to complete, or keep from being completed. As Objectives succeed or fail, the gangsters and/or the cop gain Victory Points. Meanwhile, the police are closing in on the warehouse where the gangsters are hiding. If the Cop Timer reaches 0 before the gangsters win, they'll all be arrested.

Each gangster will have an Action Queue, filled with available actions for the gangster to take each day. When spent, an action is removed from the gangster's queue. New random actions are added to your queue through gameplay events (think of the queue like a hand of cards, with one card being played each day and new cards being drawn to refill your hand at certain points in the game). Replacement actions are chosen at random, but each gangster may be more or less likely to gain certain actions than others, according to the character's movie personality (i.e., Mr Pink is more likely to gain new Getaway actions; Mr Blonde is more likely to gain new Interrogate actions).

Each Day, the gangsters will secretly chose actions from their queue to take. At the end of the Day, the actions are revealed and resolved simultaneously. Although your actions are chosen in secret, be aware that they will be public knowledge at the end of the day! The undercover cop has to keep that in mind.

Each Night, the gangsters will secretly choose Problems to befall them. Each gangster MUST choose a Problem each night. Being able to choose the Problem is a way to possibly mitigate the damage that is done, but there WILL be one Problem per gangster per night. At the end of a Night, all Problems are revealed and resolved simultaneously.

THE RAT
The undercover cop chooses actions and Problems just like a gangster, the difference is that he's trying to pick the least helpful actions and the most troublesome Problems that he can, while still not being pegged as the Rat. If a gangster suspects another gangster of being the Rat, the shit may hit the fan.

VICTORY CONDITIONS:
There are four ways the game can end:
1) If the Cop Timer gets to 0, the police arrive and the cop wins.
2) If all the gangsters are killed, the cop wins.
3) If the gangsters can get 10 VP, they escape and win.
4) If 13VP have been gained, the side with more VP wins.

Dead gangsters share in a gangster win, and a dead cop still wins if the gangsters manage to lose the game without his help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LET'S GO TO WORK (Actions)

Each gangster gets an Action Queue, and each gangster starts with different actions in his queue.

YOUR ACTION QUEUE IS A SECRET, AND YOU MAY NEVER EXPLICITY STATE WHICH ACTIONS YOU CURRENTLY HAVE AVAILABLE IN YOUR QUEUE. This is to protect the cop's need for subterfuge. You can discuss what actions everyone should be taking, and offer to help complete certain Objectives, but never say what action you will be taking or what actions you are able to take. Offending gangsters will be severely punished by me.

Your Action Queue will be filled with the following seven types of actions:

Getaway: Every good gangster knows when to fold 'em.
This action is most useful for Objectives that require escaping.

Shoot: The best way to handle cops.
This action is most useful for Objectives that involve confrontations with the law.

Interrogate: Break out the straight razor and the gasoline.
This action is most useful for Objectives involving a hostage.

Fight: For getting out of a sticky situation, or knocking some sense into your partner.
This action is useful for all Objectives.

Threaten: When you need to make a point, try waving your gun around and saying 'fuck' a lot.
This action is somewhat useful for all Objectives.

Wait: Joe Cabot's on his way to the warehouse. You can't do much till he gets here.
This action is not very useful for Objectives, but it can help you gain more actions.

Events: Sometimes instead of a replacement action, you will get an Event.
Events are generally more powerful than actions, but are used in the same way.

Every Day you'll spend an action (or Event). You get more actions by completing Objectives, from Events, or by spending a Wait action at the warehouse. This is explained more in the Objectives section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placeholder for so-and-so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Placeholder for me to say I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States

Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:

Oh! Me too. Look, I already have my gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:

Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me three - waiting for cassy to say when this starts and what difficulty level it is =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
March 10, and normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
March 10, and normal.

Stop being a whiny bitch and start it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally saw this movie last week... In please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor is In
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds good. I would like to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'd like to try this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lookin' for some happiness
But there is only loneliness to find
Jump to the left, turn to the right
Lookin' upstairs, lookin' behind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is only 7 players, and 2 spots were pre-reserved, it filled up overnight. Sorry guys. I'll post the alternates list up top.

And if it's fun, I may run it again pretty fast! I'm liking the look of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States

Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
Lookin' for some happiness
But there is only loneliness to find
Jump to the left, turn to the right
Lookin' upstairs, lookin' behind!

If have any role that allows me to kill, I think you'll be first on my list. Now if only you'll stay dead this time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
By the hair of my chiny chin-chin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctrzn wrote:

If have any role that allows me to kill, I think you'll be first on my list. Now if only you'll stay dead this time

See what I've been putting up with? I fucking walked in here, I told these guys about staying put. Cindy whips out her gun, she's sticking it in my face, calling me a motherfucker, saying she's gonna blow me away and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States

Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
ctrzn wrote:

See what I've been putting up with? I fucking walked in here, I told these guys about staying put. Cindy whips out her gun, she's sticking it in my face and pulled the triger, calling me a motherfucker, saying she's gonna blow me away and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

kiss

FYP

And look you didn't stay dead. Again!! I mean really, what does a girl have to do around here to keep a fella dead?

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bah, how did I miss this?!

Alternate me!

I toyed with an idea of how to make this into a game for a while. My idea was more like gunsmen, but I couldn't get the pieces to fit very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.