4 Posts

StarCraft: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Buildings units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Campbell
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello I have an interesting proposition. So me and my roommates were playing last night and we had a planet with three territories and I was able to go through with two mobilized orders and kill all their units. My last order was a build order, would I be able to build units on the area that has there bases since it is empty?

Also another question is if there are enemy units on every place on a planet that has one of my bases on it, can I still place units on any of the territories that is not at its unit limit, or just where my base is, or not at all?

Last questions for now is can I use assist units to destroy bases if they are undefended, and can I retreat any units(including assist units) into an undefended enemy base, or a territory that the enemy has attacked from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Homing Pigeon wrote:
Hello I have an interesting proposition. So me and my roommates were playing last night and we had a planet with three territories and I was able to go through with two mobilized orders and kill all their units. My last order was a build order, would I be able to build units on the area that has there bases since it is empty?

First question...he didn't have units in all three areas of the planet, did he? Because you can only cause one battle per mobilize order - so if he did you couldn't have wiped him out with just two.

Second, you can only build units if you have a base on the planet. You can't use his - even if he's the same race as you. He's got different security codes and stuff.

Quote:

Also another question is if there are enemy units on every place on a planet that has one of my bases on it, can I still place units on any of the territories that is not at its unit limit, or just where my base is, or not at all?

You can only place new units on friendly or empty regions. Areas with enemies in them are neither friendly nor empty.

Quote:

Last questions for now is can I use assist units to destroy bases if they are undefended, and can I retreat any units(including assist units) into an undefended enemy base, or a territory that the enemy has attacked from?

Assist units may destroy an undefended base. You may not retreat into a region with an undefended enemy base, however, because you may only retreat into friendly or empty areas. An enemy base keeps the area from being empty. You may retreat into an area vacated by the force that attacked you.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Campbell
Canada
flag msg tools
Sorry I was unclear. I had a base on that planet that I had attacked. There was three areas and we all had bases on them so that I would like to know the answers to my original questions, if possible. Which was "would I be able to build units on the area that has there bases since it is empty?" The area with my base already had three units which was the areas unit limit, but the other areas had one of my unit in each but was not at the unit limit for those respective areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Homing Pigeon wrote:

An area with an enemy base is not empty. Thus, you cannot build units there. An area is only empty if it has no units and no bases there.

Quote:

You can only place units on areas that are empty or friendly. If the enemy has units on every area of the planet, including your base, you won't be able to build any units. However, if there's even ONE empty area, you can build units there, even if it's not the area with your base, and even if the base itself has enemy units.

Note that the "unit limit" is "per player". IE, if a player has 3 units on an area with a unit limit of 3, and you later attack that area, you can bring 5 units (the unit limit, plus 2). The fact that the other player has 3 already doesn't matter.

Quote:

Assist units can destroy an enemy base.

You cannot retreat into an undefended enemy base, because you can only retreat to friendly or empty areas, and an area with an enemy base is not empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.