Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Runebound 2nd ed, and am now punching out the components. All of my stamina experience counters have life experience counters on the flip side. There are no stamina/stamina, and no life/life. Is this a misprint, or is there something I'm missing in the rules?
All the other counters are consistent on front & back, as well as all other components. So there's not an obvious sign of a misprint. All the components have proper printing alignment on the boards as well.

I'm really impressed so far with the quality of the components and the graphic design of this game, can't wait to play!

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kozlowski
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I, uh, guess I had a lot of geekgold?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are stamina/stamina and life/life, but probably they just changed the components to print fewer cardboard pieces yet still give a decent amount of upgrade flexibility.

There's no rule that uses the flipside nature of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ART
Norway
"Haugen"
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say "stamina experience counters" do you just mean stamina counters? experience counters are one thing, stamina and health counters are other things. More importantly, the shapes of stamina and health are different, so how do they look when they punch out? Do parts of either symbol get cut off?

If you have the resources, I'd like to see this as a picture posted to the site so I know kinda what you mean here. This is the first time I've ever heard of this :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's definitely talking about the +1 Health / +2 Stamina experience counters. I have also recently purchased the Runebound 2nd Edition, and my counters are the same way. I don't think it's going to be much of a problem since a hero can only ever have a maximum of three +1 Health counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
ahoodedfigure wrote:
When you say "stamina experience counters" do you just mean stamina counters? experience counters are one thing, stamina and health counters are other things. More importantly, the shapes of stamina and health are different, so how do they look when they punch out? Do parts of either symbol get cut off?

If you have the resources, I'd like to see this as a picture posted to the site so I know kinda what you mean here. This is the first time I've ever heard of this

Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera at the moment. But yeah, I am talking about the rectangular experience counters. The +2 mind, +2 body, and +2 spirit are all consistent on front/back. But the +2 stamina all show the +1 life on the other side.

I'm sure if it's a misprint they'd send me replacements, but having never played the game I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way or not. Unfortunately the component list in the user manual just reads "60 experience counters" with no further detail than that.

But it sounds from the comments so far that this back/front inconsistency shouldn't affect play, and might even be intentional?

Also, another interesting point: the "blue" adventures and counters referred to in the manual are actually purple on my board, cards and counters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ART
Norway
"Haugen"
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh, I get it. Sorry. Yeah, I guess it wouldn't affect play much, although, you know, if you have some untrustworthy fellow players who want to switch things around...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Purple equals Blue is normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that because the Island of Dread expansion added blue sea encounters to the mix? I don't have that one yet, so I don't know for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Is that because the Island of Dread expansion added blue sea encounters to the mix? I don't have that one yet, so I don't know for sure.

No...there are no Blue land encounters in IoD.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Peterson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My counters have +2 stamina on one side and +1 life on the other as well.

I guess I just assumed it was supposed to be that way. It shouldn't change anything in the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully it means you have more of the other counters.

In the first printing there were 20 mind, 10 body, 10 spirit, 10 health, and 10 stamina counters. All had +2 of the same stat on each side, except health which was +1.

Edit: Make that 20 body and 10 mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy have the following 60 Experience counters:
10 Wound (+1)
10 Exhaustion (+2)
10 Mind (+2)
10 Spirit (+2)
20 Body (+2)

all with identical prints on the reverse side.

Mind you, my copy was from the first print run of the 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is copyright 2007, and the counters are:

20 body (+2) (both sides consistent)
10 mind (+2) (both sides consistent)
10 magic (+2) (both sides consistent)
20 life (+1)/stamina (+2)

On a side note, I'm very happy with the terrain movement dice. No stickers anymore. The dice are inked black, and the icons are indented for durability - perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.