BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: tactical fantasy wargame WARBANDS needs gametesters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hello

Im working on a free p n p wargame with a lot of tactical depth in a fantasy setting.

my website with more info can be found
http://warbands.magyarkhan.org

what i do need is people who like to test the game and discuss gameplay elements and such

you can join the forum or find me at msn with joskapaszli@hotmail.com

greetings and thx in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks interesting...

I hope you do not mind, but I posted the link on a Hungarian board game forum. I am sure some people will react there.

(vagy irhattam volna magyarul is??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
thx altho i have 50% hungarian blood i hardly speaks teh language... :o(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting! Nice work so far.

Are the rules yet available for download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
well i will upload them now but its a late alpha version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!! This looks very cool and very promising. Great job so far. If you need any playtesters in the US, contact me.

I like the idea of the symmetrical map for fairness, and the castle map sounds cool.

Will there be any unbalanced maps (in regards to terrain) for people who wanna fight an "uphill" battle, or try to overcome a smaller force in better terrain?

Or will you include terrain tiles to change the outlay of the battlefield?

Great work so far!

Looks like you're working on Orcs and Elves first....please come out with SKAVEN next!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
thx for you enthousiasme

well about maps: i can make them as i/we please, i evne can give my photoshop fiules to trusted involved guys

i want to have this game be one of teh community

i have wide experiences with boardgames and looking for long time for a fun fast paced balanced one wich is ez to play but like chess have endless depth ;o)

So i provide map tiles and everything, i have time if not facing death and in time as i said i will share everything.

About next race well they are created fast as well so skaven could be next. if u liked the idea and willingly to test it and participate in its further development tha u have big chance your wishes are heard.

Skaven will bring a new challenge as i am still thinking about swarm-rules....

I need playtesters so feel free to join me on msn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We printed out 2 sets of Orcs and the basic rules and going to give it a test today - get you some feedback tonight or tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
nice, im sure u understand its work in progress most things need a tweak, hard ones like must number of command waves be restricted to 3 or can it be unlimited? and simple ones like

i have a spreadsheet with the latest unitcosts and stats... im sure u need them shall i upload the excel file in pdf format?

check teh site for it plz.... greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
true thats why its a free print and play game

ofcourse if any good designers pop up i give them room to create the counters and such but its pointed out in the disclaimer on the website.
i contributed so much to the table top gaming that i felt i could use it for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Campbell
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i contributed so much to the table top gaming that i felt i could use it for this game.[/q]

I'd like to see that defense hold up in court......shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
well it wouldnt ofcourse but first lets see if they spent energy in such little thing and again i have no single intention to make the game commercial

ofcourse if u know nice designers to design the counter-units then i woulkd like to hear from u as well.

furthermore i had contact many years ago with a similar thing with GW and they never ever responded

so would they really care in thiscase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Magyar Khan wrote:
well it wouldnt ofcourse but first lets see if they spent energy in such little thing and again i have no single intention to make the game commercial

ofcourse if u know nice designers to design the counter-units then i woulkd like to hear from u as well.

furthermore i had contact many years ago with a similar thing with GW and they never ever responded

Well, they went after a publisher that used the Blood Bowl game (OOP I might add) to base their Fantasy Football video game after. So much so that GW now owns the rights to the video game, the name is a part of their Blood Bowl universe, and the company is now under their control for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace Whelan
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magyar Khan wrote:

Yes, unfortunately for you they will care if they find out. I have a few friends who have gotten cease and desist orders from GW legal for doing similar things. Games Workshop is really good at hunting down their IP online and sending out scary letters.

The good news for you is that until you get a scary letter you don't have to worry. If GW does send one then you just have to remove the stuff and they won't pursue it anymore. Hopefully a kind artist on BGG will offer to draw some art for you. Another option would be to use pics of minis r something from another companies' range. Most of the other mini companies are not like GW and do not mind if you put out free fan-published work (cause it might get them some sales of minis).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joska Paszli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
the game u referring to is probably chaos league which is really a copy of bloodbowl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.