Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: card_sleeves [+] Check [+] card_sleeves:tiny [+] [View All]
Johan Sammelin
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane Tinmen have released extra small card sleeves suitably called "Board Game Sleeves". At first glance they are just about the size of the Saint Petersburg cards. Found them at one of my local game stores in Stockholm. But strangely enough they are not listed at Arcane Tinmens site...

(EDIT: Typo...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have to keep my eye open for these, I could definitely use a whole lot of em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh god...I can't imagine how tall the stack of arkham horror spells would be with these...or how many you would need for all the AH cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck finding them. I have had a nightmare of a time just finding normal Dragon Sleeves (the main product made by that company). They are impossible to find either online or in-store in the GTA.

Sleeves this size would be nice, but not very useful for the games I own. I haven't had any wear or damage issues on any games that use this card size (except for Settlers of Catan, which uses plain paper cards).

I do have many HiG and Kosmos games that use this size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a measurement to go with these?

I don't have Saint Petersburg and have no idea how small this sleeve is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small cards are 46mm x 70mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:
Is there a measurement to go with these?

I don't have Saint Petersburg and have no idea how small this sleeve is...

You own a game with these sized cards: Thurn and Taxis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymachus wrote:
Oh god...I can't imagine how tall the stack of arkham horror spells would be with these...or how many you would need for all the AH cards!

And what about Twilight Imperium III?!? Yikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Good luck finding them. I have had a nightmare of a time just finding normal Dragon Sleeves (the main product made by that company). They are impossible to find either online or in-store in the GTA.

Sleeves this size would be nice, but not very useful for the games I own. I haven't had any wear or damage issues on any games that use this card size (except for Settlers of Catan, which uses plain paper cards).

I do have many HiG and Kosmos games that use this size.

www.fairplaygames.com does have the normal sized ones of the product you spoke of in stock. Just search for sleeves. But I don't know if they ship international. Seems like fairplaygames have a lot of card sleeves, maybe later on they will get those mini sleeves. I have Thurn And Taxis and would be great if I can get those mini sleeves for the cards. I can see them wearing out pretty quick as I play the game somewhat regularly now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, GeoMan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shh, Dan---that one hasn't been opened yet!

I ordered it for my wife the holidays (trying to find good two-player games to balance the wargames) but it was out of stock until too late, so it's been "held over" until her birthday in April!)

meeple

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sammelin
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ced1106 wrote:
Hmm. Got link? This is as close as I can get:
http://www.arcanetinmen.dk/html/products.html#mini

I have some of the "Mini Sleves" and in comparison the new "Board Game Sleeves" are quite a bit smaller. I'll post pictures and the exact measurements later on. I'm currently at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "mini" sleeves are for Yugioh sized cards, which are only slightly shorter than standard size, but significantly skinnier (Battlelore/Memoir width).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI:

The Arkham Horror Investigator cards, the small ones, fit precisely and excatly sideays ito Magic-the-Gathering (MTG) sized sleeves. Two of these small cards fit into a single MTG sleeve with a little extra left over. Therefore, using a paper trimmer I had to make two cuts per sleeve.

Yes, I invested some time in a production line creating all these small sleeves, but it went really fast.

They fit so well, at a glance you'd think that they were made exactly for the small Arkham Horror cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
conversely you could try to take the stack MTG sleeves to a print shop and ask them if they could slice the stack in their guillotine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to seal cards into sleeves, say using something to seam the plastic edge (rather than taping it)?

At first blush it sounds like it would work - preserve the card, keep it from slipping out during handling, that kind of thing. But are there machines (home made or otherwise) for this, or can you re-purpose something like those home food sealers?

And would trapped moisture be a concern at all?

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:
Is it possible to seal cards into sleeves, say using something to seam the plastic edge (rather than taping it)?

At first blush it sounds like it would work - preserve the card, keep it from slipping out during handling, that kind of thing. But are there machines (home made or otherwise) for this, or can you re-purpose something like those home food sealers?

James

Air also, as it might not lay as flat! Unless you use a pin to make a small hole in the corner, to let air and moisture out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
The "mini" sleeves are for Yugioh sized cards, which are only slightly shorter than standard size, but significantly skinnier (Battlelore/Memoir width).

Those cards are Bridge card sized, as opposed to Magic:the Gathering cards, which are poker sized. (The previous sentence is subject to the following disclaimer: I think.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:

James

Yes, definitely. They are laminating machines and several companies make them. I use model 900 from Xyron, which is a cold lamination machine. For my copy of Arkham Horror, for example, I laminated everything that is paper or cardboard. Although I could have laminated the cards as well, I find card sleeves very much more convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sammelin
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves are 47x71 mm (about 1,85x2,80 inches)

Here used with a Saint Petersburg card. The sleeves are made of the same strong plastic as the other in the product line. Although, such small sleeves seems to have a tendency for becoming rather stiff and it's a little bit more difficult to insert and extract cards from them than say the ordinary Dragon Shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Freeman
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hi friend! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I read the title of this thread as extra smell card sleeves and I got very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the Korean sleeves for small cards 46mmx70mm (seen in Tower of Babel). They are very thin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else on BGG other than Geoman ever even seen these mythical Korean sleeves in person? Every thread about sleeves inevitably has him step in and pimp the sleeves, but they are virtually impossible to get.

Also, they look like the thin "penny sleeves". I was under the impression they were the standard kind (ultra-pro, dragon shield, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Every thread about sleeves inevitably has him step in and pimp the sleeves, but they are virtually impossible to get.

The reason why i post about them whenever i get a chance: i hope that someone will get notice and will decide to import these.

I get the sleeves from a friend who visits Korea from time to time, but wouldn't it be nice if we could all get them easily?

dcorban wrote:
Also, they look like the thin "penny sleeves". I was under the impression they were the standard kind (ultra-pro, dragon shield, etc).

They are very thin compared to Ultra Pro which is a good thing if you have a large deck.

I can take some close up pics of other sleeve sizes (ex. Blue Moon) if you want to inspect these thoroughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any1 knows where to buy Yu-Gi-Oh! sleeves in Europe? Thanks for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.