Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Williams
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
mb
This came up in a two-player game tonight. My opponent had played a "Shield" in a purple tournament, and I wanted to play "Unhorse" to change to yellow. We couldn't decide if "Unhorse" would affect his cards or not. It doesn't make a lot of sense for it to affect one display and not the other, although I guess it could work such that I was adding yellow cards and he was adding purple.

We settled it thematically, arguing that since "Shield" specifically says it prevents action cards from affecting your display, his knight was not unhorsed, but mine was, and since cavalry has the advantage over foot soldiers, his display was winning. Of course, this reasoning breaks down in the case of a "Change Weapon" card played against a "Shield."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody plays in the same color, in all cases. If the color changes, it changes for all players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards aren't affected at all - even with Unhorse, all the previously played cards still count towards your totals. All that has changed is what color new cards must match.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.