Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broke out Memoir '44 for the first time yesterday. Sat down with my brother-in-law to play the introductory Pegasus Bridge game. He played Axis and I took the Allies side.

At first, I didn't think I had much of a chance. I was a bit reckless in my advances and I soon learned that the sandbags and defensive terrain demanded a bit more respect as he started whittling down my units as they attempted to advance. He had one medal to my zero and most of my units were damaged and had been forced to retreat. He then played a Dig In card and sandbagged pretty much every unit I was enganged with.
However, I got a couple of lucky card pulls at that point (Air Power and Their Finest Hour) that allowed me to regroup a bit, and I started to gain some ground. Was finally able to capture the less heavily defended bridge and eliminate his forces in that area and then finally got some good rolls in order to take out enough of his units to get the required 4 victory medals.

We determined that the two things that prevented him from wiping the floor with me was his lack of options with the reduced number of command cards (and he wasn't drawing many useful cards on top of that) but more importantly was he felt his biggest mistake was in not focusing his fire to fully eliminate my weakened units in order to claim the victory medals. I had two units with only one infantry left in them within firing range of his units but he was focusing on my "stronger" unit that was using the forest (right on his doorstep) for cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Smith
United States
Lake Tapps
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
more importantly was he felt his biggest mistake was in not focusing his fire to fully eliminate my weakened units in order to claim the victory medals. I had two units with only one infantry left in them within firing range of his units but he was focusing on my "stronger" unit that was using the forest (right on his doorstep) for cover.

That is one of the things I love/hate about this game. I love it, cause it keeps the game simple and light, but I hate this because those weakened units have the same firepower as when they had all of their units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.