Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Dickman
United States
Overland
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since I started keeping up with my local board game club, Cash 'n Guns has been that one game where everyone says "oh, it's way too early to break that out". I was mystified at what this game could posses that would make them wait until the wee hours of the morning to begin playing.

From what I knew of the game, I figured it would more of a "party" game than anything. I was hoping it was easy enough that pointing foam guns at friends wouldn't get boring or tedious with too many rules. So I stopped by my local game store and asked, "How easy is this game?". Well, the owners didn't need to say much, and they highly recommended picking it up for just such occasions (ie- a light atmosphere).

This past weekend I got to try it out with three others, and it pretty much rules. Even though the guns are bright orange and made of foam, there is something mildly unnerving about pointing it at a friend (or having my buddy point it at his wife for that matter), asking them politely to give up their share of the loot.

We played through it a couple of times with just the quick rules, trying to figure out all of the mechanics. We eventually took it up a notch and played with the Super Powers cards, and that's where things got really interesting. Being able to choose your bullets or who you want to point at after everyone else is even more unnerving when trying to decide who to take out. I was lucky to draw the grenade, but was unable to find any takers to shoot me and set it off (two of the four had two wounds already and couldn't risk it).

Cash 'n Guns was everything I hoped it would be, and everyone had an absolute blast playing along. It was too bad we didn't have the full compliment of six players, but that will be remedied this weekend, as news of the game has traveled fast.

Much like my local game club, Cash n' Guns will be a staple of board game night among friends for months to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.