United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I skimmed the threads looking for a clarification on the use of Trade [$] powers and didn't see one which directly answered my question, but in this thread Tom Lehman says:

Tom Lehmann wrote:
Just trying to be explicit. Some playtesters had interpreted the "this world" trade power to imply that other trade powers (relevant to the good kind being traded) would not apply in addition to the "this world" trade power, which was incorrect.

As I read this, when you choose "Consume: Trade" and one good is traded, can you apply all applicable trade abilities which are on worlds or developments in your tableau?

For example, I have a good on the Pirate World. I trade it and get the +3 cards from the power on the Pirate World. Would I also be able to apply the draw +1 for selling any good power from Old Earth and the draw +2 cards for selling a Novelty (blue) good from Spice World, for a total of 8 cards (2 + 3 + 1 + 2)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Webb
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm fairly sure that is correct. At least that's how we've been playing it. It means you can get some fairly heft trades during the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. Trade powers are cumulative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Parker
United States
Bethel
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On-line rules wrote:
This World's Good

Draw 1 or 3 more cards when selling a good from the world with this power (plus any other applicable Trade powers, possibly due to its kind).

Yes, you apply all other applicable Trade powers. This includes those which are due to the specific kind of good sold as well as those which are due to selling any kind of good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
These answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
These answers are correct.

Darn! I hate being the wrong one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet it happens so often!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a quick glance I noticed that there are about eleven distinct Trade cards which approximates to one-tenth of all the cards in the deck.

So extensive use of this feature would certainly favour/mostly require, a heavily recycled deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.