Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested in picking up some metal Confrontation miniatures, I have a pretty large selection of various minis from most of the races which I'd happily trade. Right now I play Orcs, and also Hybrid, so I have fewer (but still some duplicates) to trade in the Orc, Dirz, and Griffin lines. Just let me know if there's a race you're interested in, and I'll let you know what I have to trade.

Here's the list of all the races in the new edition, and the cards used for the metal minis, as well as their special abilities:
http://www.confrontation.fr/index.php?option=com_content&tas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll assume that the minis are unpainted. Right?
I am looking at starting to get into this game but I don't think I want to start down the road of painting my own minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Correct, these are unpainted. These are the minis you see filling all the gorgeous photos in the rulebook. The detail and sculpted poses are amazing, and infinitely better than the plastics in the current release--BUT, the caveat is, yes, you have to paint them yourself.

They're great for adding interest to the starter factions though--you can go to the Rackham site I listed above and check out what minis are in what factions (because there is some crossover now), print out the data cards, and give your opponent a surprise surprise

I DO have the Goblin Mountain Breaker cannon, the Dwarf Tank, and the dwarf Giant if you want to bring out the heavy stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course a figure hand-painted by an experienced person will look better the mass produced plastics. But most of us don't have the time nor skill to achieve these results. So for the rest of us, the plastics are better then anything we could ever do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Whether you like to paint your own minis or not, there is currently only a very very small percentage of the overall line available as pre-painted plastic. That will change, of course, but not very fast, and not necessarily with creatures, characters, or factions that some people may want to play.

Right now, there are rules and printable cards which allow you to play the new edition with any mini from the entire Confrontation line. Believe it or not, John, there are actually people who are interested in trying out some figures beyond the starter pack.

If you're not interested, that's fine, there are people who are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Whether you like to paint your own minis or not, there is currently only a very very small percentage of the overall line available as pre-painted plastic. That will change, of course, but not very fast, and not necessarily with creatures, characters, or factions that some people may want to play.

This is completely correct, and Rackam is notorious for being slow at releasing more figures. I didn't mean to come off rude.

Anyway, I would love to purchase some of your mini's (unpainted, obviously =) )

Let me know what you have for the griffen and wolfen army, what would $50 get me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Lopez
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed about the slow release schedule, but it seems that now with FFG distributing the game here in the States, the releases are coming out a little quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delattre alain
France
orleans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just to say rackham wants releaser also unpainted fig , fully compatible and certaily stronger then the prepaint

so game is for skilled and not

have a nice day
alain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.