Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to decide between Notre Dame and In the Year of the Dragon. The game will be played primarily with 2 players although occasionally with more. Which game do you think is better for 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like In the Year of the Dragon better than Notre Dame, but I think Notre Dame will be better with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed on both counts. And I know these things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I've never played either game with 2 people, I've seen a number of comments that In the Year of the Dragon is too "loose" with 2 players, because there is always a decent action that you can take for free.

(There are some suggested variants to deal with that, I don't know how well any of them work.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I think both are very enjoyable, I prefer YotD with 2 and with more players. I don't think YotD with 2 is too "loose". Both games with 2 give players a change to "force" the opponent in a certain direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.