Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

I have just started on this 'journey' and have a couple of friends to play against...

so - i was wondering if anyone knows of any 3 person scenarios that would work with SK1?

Russia & USA against Germany...

Do people ever play in this manner?

thanks in advance,

malcolm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kowalskie wrote:
Hi,
so - i was wondering if anyone knows of any 3 person scenarios that would work with SK1?

I've made a complete list (as far as I know) of ASL scenarios designed for the starter kits (it's a German site, sorry):
http://www.unknowns.de/wiki/index.php/Advanced_Squad_Leader#...

I don't think that any of these would work with three players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malcolm,

Out of the top of my head I cannot think on an scenario on ASLSK1 that can be played reasonably well with three players (obviously, you can divide the command of units from 1 side and play that way).

In ASLSK2 there is, at least, 1 scenario with three different nationalities that can do the trick.

Nonetheless it won't be "competitive" as in only 1 player can win.

Have fun it is an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

thanks for those QUICK replies!

i got the SK1 at the weekend. read the rules. punched the counters. re-read the rules. clipped the counters. read the rules again & finally did a solo run through scenario 1 - so now i feel ready for my first real game...

so, i have a 2 player game lined up this week. i have given him a copy of the [excellent] intro document i found in the files section so all should be good [though i am expecting things to go very slow]

anyways, yes another friend has expressed interest so of course i can play 1-1 against him, but i may try it with a co-op style play either splitting one army between 2 'commanders'

or wait for sk2 and see if i can use one of the 3 army scenarios to make things clearer!

cheers

- oh, i will check out your scenario page and see what i see!

thanks again,

malcolm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.