Popular Tags: [View All]
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
is there any good way to go about liquidating a large collection of games? i know i can mark everything in my collection on the geek as for sale with a price, but id really like to push the "buy lots of my games, get a great deal and cheap shipping" bit. advice would be appreciated, ive got about a month to get rid of ~100 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set up an auction either here or on eBay with a description of the collection that you're selling. You'll get less money than if you sold it all one piece at a time, but you will also get it over with more quickly and get rid of the games that might not have sold individually.

Don't underestimate what this is going to cost you to package and ship, especially internationally. Make sure that your costs get covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advertise here too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
wrong forum... this is the "Trades" forum, and you are clearly not looking to trade the games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you're in Nashville (according to your profile). Being in a large city might work to your advantage if you want to try and "craigslist" it. Would be nice to not deal with shipping at all and meet with your buyer locally in person.

Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you need quick cash or a larger sum?

A suggestion for quicker cash could be something like Nobleknight.com which buys games for a price. Send a list of your games in and the owner could give you a possible purchase price for what you have... might not meet the amount you want but it could help.

Craigslist.com is a great idea as well but sometimes the respondents tend to be a bit flakey.

I wish you luck in your sale and whether or not the Trades forum is the proper place to get help... well at least you're getting suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ebay would be a quick sale, too. Just set a shorter deadline than the normal 7 days. Longer deadline means more people will see it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sell everything on Ebay that you think is worth at least $20, and sell the rest in a garage sale or craigslist or combine the rest of the games into small lots and sell those on Ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I got a bunch of PMs asking about the entire collection. I gave them a list and prices. If no one takes the whole thing in 2 days then I will start an auction here, and if that doesn't work then I will try ebay. In between each I will be setting aside games that I have gotten good individual offers on. Just posting the list to my local gaming group mailing list has already sold about 20 games at my asking price (75% funagain price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
OK, I got a bunch of PMs asking about the entire collection. I gave them a list and prices. If no one takes the whole thing in 2 days then I will start an auction here, and if that doesn't work then I will try ebay. In between each I will be setting aside games that I have gotten good individual offers on. Just posting the list to my local gaming group mailing list has already sold about 20 games at my asking price (75% funagain price).

I sure hope you plan to run any sales through the BGG Marketplace so BGG gets it's fair commision which is what help keeps the geek free (I notice you don't have any supporter/patron badges)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
I sure hope you plan to run any sales through the BGG Marketplace so BGG gets it's fair commision which is what help keeps the geek free (I notice you don't have any supporter/patron badges)

If it provides any reasonable way for me to do it, sure. That includes if I use the Auction facilities. I didn't handle the whole per-game process through the geek because of the extreme tediousness of matching my BGG collection to my real collection, setting prices for everything, etc. I would consider BGG's cut of sales on the marketplace to be payment for the convenience that it provides, to myself or to the buyer. If I have to arrange the whole sale on my own then that doesn't fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.