Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain Triffitt
Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the game end immediately when one player has "reaped" twenty souls?

The only specific mention of when the game ends is in the turn order which implies when the soul is collected at the start of the turn - that's when the twenty souls are counted.

But some of the other mentions (in the glossary and the intro) imply otherwise.

It appeared to both of us that it would make sense for the game to end immediately when a player has twenty souls (my opponent deliberately destroyed one of his abominations because he had a minion that collected a soul when it was destroyed which gave him his twentieth soul) but I couldn't find a direct ruling in either the rules or the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Walters
United States
Plover
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played, the game ended as you originally state, upon collection of the 20th soul. There are cards that can modify the timing of this event. I haven't played it in the past eight months, but that is how I remember it. There was an on-line FAQ somewhere. I have a copy, but it is in storage with the game. Great game concept - slippery cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as any player gets to 20 or more souls, it's over. Usually that's going to be the result of a big attack, but it could happen that you have 19 and at the start of your turn, you gain an extra soul which would win the game for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Triffitt
Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve. Just recognised your avatar - obviously you're a fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I've only had my cards a month or so but I'm impressed with the balance and variety of the cards. It's too bad the game died but I have to admit it's hard to beat the price now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen to that! That's the way I got into it too. Dreamblade is rapidly becoming a favourite game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.