United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the LISTING price will go down, but commission fees will go up.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/01/29/ebay.fees.ap/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The commission fees are increasing a lot for items under $25.

There are a few other changes as well. For instance, you can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers. This really annoys me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Negative feedback for buyers was used as a threat by many unscrupulous power sellers. I am glad it's gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
Negative feedback for buyers was used as a threat by many unscrupulous power sellers. I am glad it's gone.

I never had that problem, but I have had buyers threaten me with negative feedback when they shouldn't. If I can receive negative feedback as a seller, I should have the same recourse on the buyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

How was it being used? To extort people for more money? If so, that's a crime which can be prosecuted. If not, I don't see what the seller is looking to get from the buyer beyond the agreed upon payment. The idea that Negative feedback was being used against buyers seems implausible and silly to me. A much more likely scenario is the opposite, where its being used againt the seller.

Regardless, the solution isn't to remove the option for negative feedback, that's ludicrous. The entire community is based around the feedback system, and has been since its inception. What do they intend to replace it with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamontagne
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

I'm glad of it too

I stopped using eBay after some moronic Power Seller left me a negative feedback because I didn't pay her 20 minutes after wining my auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.