I've managed to make my first post since October...and I plan to keep it coming at least every other week.
You can check it out at http://www.worthingtongames.blogspot.com or read below....
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2008
"And So You're Back, From Outer Space..."
Let me freely admit that it has been ENTIRELY too long since I updated these pages. I must "once again" apologize. The combination of the quagmire that is "real" (non-gaming?) life, combined with a bit of the ole designer burn out put me on the shelf so to speak. Worry not, Grant and Mike were working diligently on FREEBOOTERS and other items.
But not I'm back. I will catch up on emails (eventually) and unleash information upon you on a more regular (or semi-regular) basis.
So let's do a quick run down and update since our last post...
1. PRUSSIA'S DEFIANT STAND was released in November. We are happy to report that it's components are the same high quality (mounted board etc.) that you found in COWBOYS. The game is slightly higher in complexity than our previous titles, and we have assembled a FAQ fairly quickly. Actually calling it "Frequently Asked Questions" is a misnomer. It is in actuality some frequently asked questions along with whatever else we saw along the way. You can find the FAQ on the downloads section of our website.
2. FREEBOOTERS is one of our upcoming (very upcoming) titles. We have posted more pictures and information on our upcoming games page. There you will find prototype gameboards and the like. You will correctly surmise that we are indeed providing ship battles AND land battles/missions. You can't have a pirate game without a good ole ship to ship boarding action with cannons blazing AND sorties for treasure. The only thing the game doesn't have is ninjas. I will see what I can do about that in future expansions.
Freebooters will provide not only scenario based gaming, but a story based campaign as well. Look for us to also do this with a certain other modular game we have designed.
3. COWBOYS: We are working on two things for this. The first is of course an expansion. New units, scenarios, boards etc. The second is a scenario book that will also provide a storybased campaign format. You can either pick out the scenarios and play them standalone or play it is a campaign, altering qualities of your characters as you go. Plus you get a fun story! We actually plan to use this format in both the full expansion and stand alone "Script" book.
4. CHAINMAIL: Is the working name of the Richard Berg design I mentioned last time. He has actually been talking it up a bit at our Consimworld Forum. You can check that out at consimworld.
5. HEARTS and MINDS: Is still in development. Give us time on this one and do know that it is in active development as we speak.
6. Other new games: There are some other announcements coming soon, let me drop a few keyword hints; Caesar, Siege, Screaming Eagles, Vermin...think about those.
Ok I hope this is a good start. Next entry I will talk about about the design process for the Cowboys Script/Scenario book. I will also start a new feature called "Inspirations" where I wax poetic about games I played when I was 12.
Until then...I'm jazzed to be back.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sounds like you're busy
I've added you blog to my blogroll & feeds.