Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Aside, of course, from the game those maps are FROM?

They are really very cool looking maps. Something like this with...I dunno, Lunar Colony building, or a more compelling combat system, or some kind of exploration or...something.

I dunno, just cool maps. Wondering if anything out there has something like this, but does cooler things with it.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude. If there was a good exploration / colonization game with maps that looked like that, I'd be all over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
From the same designer, twenty years earlier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Classic Battletech Map Compilation 2 contains two lunar maps similar to those. The art style isn't quite as crisp and clean, I'd say it kind of looks like it could be on the cover of on old sci-fi book. I'm afraid I can't find any photos of those maps here, but Catalyst Labs puts out a .pdf preview of that mapset compilation, here: http://classicbattletech.com/downloads/CBTMapSetComp2_previe...

The lunar maps are pages 5 and 6 of the pdf

So did you come across those maps while category modding? It's certainly been an interesting journey through weird old games for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
So did you come across those maps while category modding? It's certainly been an interesting journey through weird old games for me.

Actually, browsing Thoughthammer's catalog. Came across a game with a name that caught my eye, checked it out on BGG, and saw those maps.

Impressive looking!

The Maverick wrote:
From the same designer, twenty years earlier!

Errr...is that an argument in their favor?

I'm basically looking for something with the newer maps, but more contemporary Euro/Ameritrash/wargame fashion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.