Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most significant changes between the Epic and Premium game are:
1) Set up
2) VP scoring
and
3) Movement of units over empty spaces.

I believe the Epic version is closer to the author's original design. But the Premium rules are just perfect for a quick and satisfying 5 (or so) round battle.

However, I do have one small gripe with the Premium rules:

There are 3 significant changes between the Epic and Premium game. They relate to:
(1) Set up
(2) VP scoring
and
(3) Movement of units over empty spaces.

The variants (1) and (2) are a great improvement to the pace of this game. But the third change in the Premium rules seems not only unnecessary but seems to cause issues of its' own.

Change (3) of the Premium variant seems to undermine the special ability of the Stealth Bomber to go to these places (among others) and makes the Stealth Bomber a rather expensive option for 6. As a result, we rarely buy Stealth Bombers in our games.

I recommend playing the Premium version but with the Epic rules concerning movement. You must then stop your movement at an empty space on your border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.