Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Perhaps named "rush hour."
Although they may suggest traffic jams, which isn't the idea. Still sounds better than "interstate traffic" to me.

Its essentially a race game. Each player controls a vehicle racing down the interstate, plus moves other non-player vehicles to obstruct or stright-up wreck the other player's vehicles. The goal is to be furthest ahead at game end.

Vehicles are moved by cards, and may change lanes, speed or brake. The real fun starts when two vehicles occupy the same space- don't try this at home. Then one vehicle rolls to successfully "give way" and avoid a crash. Through out the game additional non-player vehicles are added and they generally move more slowly than the players and crash more.

Is anyone interested in a game like this?
Comments/suggestions welecome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I had an idea like this. I thought it should involve hidden information, because normally on the highway you can't necessarily see how well a lane is moving ahead of you. So you change lanes, and then you realize it was stupid because the lane you got into slows down and the lane you were in speeds up. I think the game should capture that frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
"Rush Hour" is a very popular puzzle that is often sold at specialty games stores. You might want to use a different title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
GamesOnTheBrain wrote:
"Rush Hour" is a very popular puzzle that is often sold at specialty games stores. You might want to use a different title.
Seconded. When I saw this title, I thought "Oh cool! Somebody is designing a game around that great puzzle!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not Crosstown Traffic for us Jimi fans?
Or something more creative such as Highspeed Cityscapes or Death on the Interstate or Terror at 120 MPH? How 'bout Playin' in Traffic?
Hope these help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.