Subject: Partners Game 3- Good wins!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game does not claim to to have anything resembeling balance.

devil

4 Max Evils
- full role seer - random N0 view (will be villager)
- private power seer - random N0 view
- power blocker - not N0, no consecutive repeats
- vote switcher - can switch 1 persons vote at lynch, this will be reported

2 Aux Evils
- cultist - knows the identity of the 4 max evils AND sorcerer
- sorcerer - gets max good seer/aux good seer/not seer, random negative N0 view

15 Goods
- 1 max evil seer - gets wolf/not wolf - random negative N0 view
- 1 aux evil seer - gets aux evil/not aux evil - random negative N0 view
- 1 martyr type - may protect another player and die in their stead, can repeat
- 1 vigilante - kill another player on death of any type, but must be a voter if lynched
- 1 hunter type - still wins if alive w/ 2 wolves when they reach parity
- 10 villagers

Neutral
- 1 misanthrope - given 3 player names chosen at random and wins if those 3 are dead and he is still alive, leaves the game if this happens.

Either Good or Evil or Neutral
- 1 Lovers couple - have a chat room, may have differing alignments, if one dies so does the other

Misc Rules
- everyone will have a public power and private power. Role type powers are separate from the public and private ones, so it is conceivable that some people may have 3 powers!

- all powers will be revealed upon death

-full role reveal on lynch (hunter revealed as villager), alignment only on any other type of death (misanthorpe revealed as good).

- No N0 views for non-role powers. In fact, most powers won't get a N0 use at all. I'll tell you if yours in an exception.

-If a one shot ability fails for some reason, you will usually be able to try to use it again.

- players that fail to vote will not be able to use ANY of their powers that day/night

- players that do not post for 1 full day/night cycle (w/o prior notice) will be replaced, if i cannot find a replacement in a timely manner, the player will be mod-killed

- no zombie posts

-Partners may PM

- all roles were randomly assigned, partner pairings were not taken into account

-There will be two events this game. Players in the game will control these events (but are not necessarily aware of the fact)

-There is a sub-thread for this game, the veterans association. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN OR READ THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION. This sub-thread was created by the moderator and is not linked to anyone’s public or private power (except the mod’s). People who can post in this thread still have both a public and private power. There may be other things of this sort in the game.

- lynch is at 7pm, night orders due by 9pm, tiebreaker is LHLV

THE PUBLIC POWERS:

Arkibet:
Me and my Panda- once per game can have panda give him a triple vote.

copyWright:
NC16- Once per game may censor all non-role powers for the night.

ctrzn:
Seduce- Each night target a player to cancel their powers that night and the next day.

enwood:
I want a divorce- Once per game may close a partners chat and once per game may create a new one between two players who no longer have partners.

Freyja:
Tracker- may target a player to see who they targeted that night, must choose private/public/role power.

gjanse:
Poison- Once per game may poison someone, they will day the following day/night cycle.

HerbieGRD:
Capture- May kidnap a player each night, stopping them from posting the following day.

JCWid:
Streaker- Once per game may streak across the deck. This allows her to decide the day's lynch, ignoring all votes.

jmilum:
Mastery of Space and Time: Once per game may end the day early by [vote lights out] in the thread. Must be at least two hours after dawn.

joseph hill:
Telekinesis- Once per game may move 2 votes.

kristiefix:
Haunt- will be able to post, chat and vote during the day/night cycle following her death, and post, chat, and vote at half strength on the day following that.

little erin:
Cute- May cancel another player's vote each day.

Luckayluck
Russian Roulette- Starts with a gun with 6 chambers and one bullet. Once per day may post Shoot: playername in the thread. The first time this is done, there is a 1/6 chance of hitting and killing the target. The second it is 1/5, etc. Power is used after a successful shot.

michaell:
Friend of the People- Can learn if one of the people voting beside him was a villager or not. A random person whose vote lay numarically alongside his at the end of the day will be viewed for villager/not villager each day.

Nightfend:
Hypnosis- Once per game may use another person's ability, he gets the benefit of the power instead of them.

rmfk:
Drain- Once per game may permenently remove another player's powers, taking them for yourself. This can alternatively be used to kill the player if you wish.

Rjphelan:
Freeze- may cause the vote of another player to be locked where it stands at the moment this power is invoked.

Snaak:
Duck Power- May target a player each night to control where their vote goes the following day.

valkerie32:
Vengence- Should nightfend die, will be able to kill a player of her choice the following night.

praisechick:
Goo Bomb- May target a player each night, whoose vote will count as 0.5 and may not unvote the following day.

woodjh:
Learn- Once per game may view a partner pair, will learn a random role belonging to one of them but won't know which player has it.

Xandryyte:
Leadership- May break voting ties, add 0.5 votes to a player of her choice.

PARTNER PAIRINGS:

Kristiefix/Aribet
Snaak/Ctrzn
Xandryyte/Michaell
praisechick/luckayluck
HerbieGRD/rfmk
enwood/woodjh
JCwid/RJphelan
Nightfend/valkerie
gjanse/Copywright
Joseph Hill/little erin
freyja/jmilum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Partners Game 3- Game thread.
The first decade of the twenty-first century was a time of great world changes. In the grand sceme of things, many small happenings go unnoticed. Not the least of these was the mysterious disappearance of the cruise ship USS Minnow late in the decade. It vanished in that spot ocean known for such things, the Bermuda Triangle.

The last people to have seen the ship were probably a group of fishermen, who were frightend away by a strange light from the part of the ocean where the ship went down. For years afterwards, rumors persisted that the ship had been torpeeded by a US navy submarine, on the orders of a hight ranking Pentagon offical, to contain a nasty outbreak of a lynconthorpy virus the military had been experimenting with.

Regardless of the cause, the ship sank in deep water, landing in such away that she is never likely to be raised, and can, at the present, not be properly investagated.

And perhaps that is just as well, for both the federal government and the cruise line involved insist that the following... never happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Editors note: The following were recovered from a set of papers found in a bottle off the coast of Florida exactly three months after the Minnow went down.]

Except from the diary of redhawke mcoy
Recorded on [smuged out].

"We left the Florida keys on our way to the Bahamas with 22 lovely couples in tow. Our plan is to cruise the Carribean, returning to our hope port in a few weeks.

The ship is simply enormous, one of the largest I've ever seen. It has shops, doctors offices, resterants, and more- a virtual floating city.

Despite our promising start, trouble has already come up. Arkibet asked me this morning if there were any dogs on board.

'There might be some in the kennels", I replied. 'Why do you ask?'

'I heard quite a few houling last night', answered arki (everyone calls him that) 'So mournful it would break your heart. Almost as much a cry for help as a cry for meat.'

'There's a crew member in charge of taking care of things like this', I told him. 'The ship's directory ought to tell you who it is. By the way, how's kristie?'

'She's fine red. All fired up for a great time cruisein'!'

'Glad to hear it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to attend too...'"

-----------

Excerpt from the log book of Captain Newheart, commanding officer on the USS Minnow.
[The date and time had been erased, but it was clear that they had been a good deal longer than nessasary.]

It's finally happened. My worst fears have come to pass. God, it's so horrible I can't imagine it.

My nightmares- they've come back. I toss and turn in my sleep, the dreams chasing me like a pack of wolves. I can see him- her, you understand- behind them. I can hear them- calling too me, shouting to me to understand them.

I cannot listen. I cannot stop. I can only run, run harder than any man on earth has run before! I cannot find rest in sleep, for they hound me all the more there. Oh horrors! For my actions I have doomed us all! His blood is on my head! Oh God! Oh God! Don't let them after me, keep them away, I rather burn in hell!

I saw them- I saw them go after him. She told them to do it. She said he had to be removed. She looked at me, she smirked at me!- for I was powerless to stop it. What greater dishonor is there for a captain then for his passengers to die, still moreso as though it had been he that killed them!
Oh God!

I saw him there- where they found him- redhawke mcoy, lying cold and dead. Oh! It was a sight to tear your heart out! Dismembered, his body rent perhaps as much as his soul surely is. There, dead on the deck- on my deck!- dead, slain! And I could have saved him! Oh God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

God have mercy on us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can post now, if you like. I'm getting everything set up still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jmilum wrote:
now

[vote jmilum]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
now

smart ass!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
is this on?

*ahem* testing, testing 1 2 3, testing....

ok, great.

I had chinese tonight and got the requisite fortune cookie. I think it quite apropos

The Cookie wrote:
Be soft in your practice. Think of The Way as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices, the hidden places. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you to where The Wolf hides

yeah, apparently the guy that runs the joint is a follower of The Way of the Werewolf, who knew?

shall we hunt The Wolf together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jmilum wrote:

Are you talking o us or the guy that owns the Chinese restaurant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
jmilum wrote:
now

smart ass!

lol, but you've seen it, or actually the lack there of, as i have no ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
is this on?

*ahem* testing, testing 1 2 3, testing....

ok, great.

I had chinese tonight and got the requisite fortune cookie. I think it quite apropos

The Cookie wrote:
Be soft in your practice. Think of The Way as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices, the hidden places. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you to where The Wolf hides

yeah, apparently the guy that runs the joint is a follower of The Way of the Werewolf, who knew?

Fortune cookies aren't actually chinese. They're a western invention of what they think the mysterious orient they don't know is like. Like singaporean noodles.

shake
[vote jmilum]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Joseph Hill wrote:
Are you talking to us

yeah, he's busy cookie more shrimp lo mein. apparently werewolf was bad for business. he killed too many and no one really liked the 'werewolf fried rice'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
copyWright wrote:
Fortune cookies aren't actually chinese. They're a western invention of what they think the mysterious orient they don't know is like.

ummm, in case you didn't realize i am in the west....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I vote nightfall now, it won't take since dawn hasn't been posted, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
copyWright wrote:
Fortune cookies aren't actually chinese. They're a western invention of what they think the mysterious orient they don't know is like.

ummm, in case you didn't realize i am in the west....

My point exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
copyWright wrote:

my secret power is a mod kill.... you tempt me devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
copyWright wrote:

my secret power is a mod kill.... you tempt me devil

You lie! Redhawke the Great promised that power was exclusively mine and his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi rmfk,

Please feel free to ask me should you need anything on this cruise.... a drink, a massage, pole-dancing lesson, kiss, etc.

My hubby/lover/bf/slave/master is very understanding of my 'friendships' with other girls

kiss

[OOC] Wight's gone so its M18 right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JCwid wrote:

As his replacement I am slightly more open to content of a mature theme.

Edited for quote screw-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
xandryyte wrote:
jmilum wrote:
now

smart ass!

Why jmil dear... It has nothing to do with your derriere

smart–ass:
: smart aleck

smart aleck:
: an obnoxiously conceited and self-assertive person with pretensions to smartness or cleverness

I rest my case! kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCwid wrote:

*ahem*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
jmilum wrote:
xandryyte wrote:
jmilum wrote:
now

smart ass!

Why jmil dear... It has nothing to do with your derriere

smart-ass:
: smart aleck

smart aleck:
: an obnoxiously conceited and self-assertive person with pretensions to smartness or cleverness

I rest my case! kiss

laugh !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
copyWright wrote:
JCwid wrote:

*ahem*

Your ID says 32 mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCwid wrote:
copyWright wrote:
JCwid wrote:

*ahem*

Your ID says 32 mate.

blush Busted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
with pretensions to smartness or cleverness

to be pretentious is to make a claim at something that is not substantiated.

i never claimed any such thing (at least not yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [55] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.