Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can i support(one or two squad at 1/2 firepower) my assaulting squad if the operation card massive confusion(no combined fire) is affecting me?
thanks for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see combined fire as something that takes place when using Concentrated fire or Op-fire. Not when assulting.

The rulebook states (page 29 under the section on Combined fire) that only 'fresh' units may support via combined fire.

But a unit may support a assult even when it is fatigued.

That leads me to the conclusion that you may support when assulting even if massive confusion is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Thomas
Australia
Bannockburn
Queensland
flag msg tools
'The Double' 2010/11 Champions 2011/12 'The Double' 2013/14
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
can i support(one or two squad at 1/2 firepower) my assaulting squad if the operation card massive confusion(no combined fire) is affecting me?
thanks for the answer.

Because I don't hav a copy of the rule book here and CBF downloading one.....

When you read the section in the rulebook about supporting an assault, if the wording goes something like 'up to two units can support the assault by combining fire.....' then no. If no mention is made in the rules that supporting an assault is combined fire and the mechanic just works with the same principal then you're sweet.

Sorry, if I had the rulebook here I would have given my actual answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blademaster777 wrote:
maedhros wrote:
thanks for the answer.

When you read the section in the rulebook about supporting an assault, if the wording goes something like 'up to two units can support the assault by combining fire.....' then no. If no mention is made in the rules that supporting an assault is combined fire and the mechanic just works with the same principal then you're sweet.

here is the text: Up to 2 friendly squads in hexes adjacent to the target hex may support the attack, even fatigued squads(but not pinned or disrupted squads). As whit normal combined fire, squads supporting the attack only add half their firepower to the attack.
so, what happens when the card MASSIVE CONFUSION is in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Thomas
Australia
Bannockburn
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
Blademaster777 wrote:
maedhros wrote:
thanks for the answer.

here is the text: Up to 2 friendly squads in hexes adjacent to the target hex may support the attack, even fatigued squads(but not pinned or disrupted squads). As whit normal combined fire, squads supporting the attack only add half their firepower to the attack.

To me that says that supporting an assault is a special form of combined fire that allows fatigued units to participate.

Therefore my gut feeling says that you can't support an assault when 'Massive Confusion' is in effect.

However it is a badly worded paragraph and could be ruled either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Thomas
Australia
Bannockburn
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blademaster777 wrote:
maedhros wrote:
Blademaster777 wrote:
maedhros wrote:
thanks for the answer.

To me that says that supporting an assault is a special form of combined fire that allows fatigued units to participate.

Therefore my gut feeling says that you can't support an assault when 'Massive Confusion' is in effect.

However it is a badly worded paragraph and could be ruled either way.

OK. Now that I have actually looked at the rulebook I am incorrect. It serves me right for looking at one rule in isolation. Because of the ambiguity in my last answer I DL'd the rulebook to clarify and ensure that I wansn't talking crap. The answer is not found in the assault section, but in the combined fire section (though a different part of them then the first reply stated)

ToI Rules PG29 'Combined Fire' wrote:

When a unit makes a concentrated attack or an opportunity fire attack, the attacking player may declare that other friendly units
will support the attack with combined fire.

Bolded for emphasis.

An assault is not a 'Concentrated Attack' nor is it 'Opportunity Fire' so therefore supporting an Assault is not using 'Combined Fire' (even though it is using the rules for it)

I would argue that answer to anyone but the designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is also what i was thinking, but i wanted to be sure. thank you, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.