All My Hits Are Crits
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Black Industries has stopped doing games and there won’t be any official expansions for 4th edition I was wondering about adapting 2nd editions expansions into 4th. Moving the characters seems easy and most of the expansion with special boards such as Dungeons can be tacked right on but adventure cards are a bit of a challenge.

2nd and 4th editions use different size cards and if I put them in normal sized card sleeves they become too big for the board. Anyone know of a way to combined new and old adventure cards? Or failing that are 2nd edition cards compatible with the 4th edition board?

Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope another game manufacturer realizes that Black Ind. made a big mistake and picks up their line of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could easily use cards that have different backs, like the Dungeon, City, Timescape, ect. cards. Adventure cards would be harder, but if you could just make a dungeon door card, then the rest probably wouldn't be necessary. Or you could just not use the 4th ed. adventure cards and use the old one with 4th addition purchase cards, characters, spells, and board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this was Black Industries choice. This was from GW, and they pulled the plug. Chances are they won't allow a new edition for now, unless they eventually decide to sell the rights to someone else, most likely Fantasy Flight.

With this in mind, let us pray...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Cameron
United States
Magnolia
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
I think you could easily use cards that have different backs, like the Dungeon, City, Timescape, ect. cards. Adventure cards would be harder, but if you could just make a dungeon door card, then the rest probably wouldn't be necessary. Or you could just not use the 4th ed. adventure cards and use the old one with 4th addition purchase cards, characters, spells, and board.
Yeah this would work. Some folks just put the cards into protective sleeves that are opaque. So does not mater if they are a diff card you cant tell what is in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.