Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I frequent Prince George mid-week every week and was looking for some people who may want to game. I'm not into mini's but pretty much am open to any other boardgame.

anyone else in PG got some games on the shelves gathering dust due to a lack of players that they would like to crack open again?

I may even be able to get a larger room (small classroom) we could use for free.

As I said tho, the only catch is I'm only available Tuesday & Wednesday nights for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I organize a fairly regular thursday night gaming sesion, 2-4 guys. We are always looking for new blood ... and new games to play. Currently we play from a selection of approx. 15 Eurogames. Our favorites include: Settlers, El Grande, Elfenland, Memoir 44, Niagra, Puerto Rico, Through the desert, T & E, Ticket to Ride, Cartagena, Rail Barons and Carcassone. Still waiting to break out my newly aquired copy of Dune ;P I'll send you a PM and maybe we can pull you in .. we could possibly move our day to Wednesday as nothing is holding us to Thursdays.
Cheers, Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
Sorry for being of no use to the original poster, but I had to chime in here. I'll be finishing school in August and looking for a job. My wife has a sister in Prince George and a brother in Vanderhoof. I was thinking that if we ended up moving to PG I would have to post on BGG to see if there were any PG gamers. Then I thought ... nah, there wouldn't be anyone. Just goes to shows how small minded I am!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are gamers everywhere .. it's just a matter of making those connections. I have been reading BGG for countless years but it wasn't until recently I started an account .. I am definitely happy that I did.
With todays internet fixated society most gamers ahve went into online gaming .. I admit I used to play WoW .. but I still played games with my rl friends. If you hit PG give me a call and I can see if I can throw together a games night. We try to play once a week .... but it usually works out to 2-3 times a month .... hence why I need more gamers in the group. I would love to have my once a week fix.
Cheers, Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking for more gamers in the PG area ... my gaming group has shrunk and we need to reload .
Cheers, Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent you a geekmail Matt just to let you know that I am not out of the picture yet. Things are starting to get back to normal so hopefully we can get together shortly. But I am still stuck to Tuesday or Wednesday nights for certain this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krebs
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all,
I'm in Prince George for the summer, and recently bought twilight imperium. Anybody up for some of that?
cheers
Res
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Send me a PM and with your phone number and I will call you ... we can play early next week .. like tues or wednesday evening..... we are up for anything .
Cheers, Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Starting up the gaming sessions for the school year .... every second Tues/Wed. If ya want in for some fun pm me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure to let me know the next game session. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Belyea
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey PGer here who has been wanting to get more into the boardgaming but havnt been able to find anyone in this town who really wanted to more than like once every couple months. Not sure if you are all using this thread still but let me know if your still getting together to play or not. Hope you get this. haha
-adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey PG gamers.
Kamloops is hosting a games convention on 25th/26th September. $15.00 for the weekend. Includes WarHammer, Warmachine, and Magic Tournaments plus D&D and Board Game Demos.
Find details at bigcon.shawwebspace.ca
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
potterbot wrote:
Hey PGer here who has been wanting to get more into the boardgaming but havnt been able to find anyone in this town who really wanted to more than like once every couple months. Not sure if you are all using this thread still but let me know if your still getting together to play or not. Hope you get this. haha
-adam

Well Adam, I haven't had a chance to game with Matt since that first time. However, I am now moving to Prince George and will be looking for some more gamers. I should be up there and ready to game by mid October in our new house!

I hope ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Belyea
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great,
Keep me posted as it gets closer to when you are up here and we will figure something out. Looking forward to finally getting some boardgame time in. haha
-Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Gook
msg tools
Is there still gaming in pg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are still trying to find time. Games unpacked but not much time of late to try and meet people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Belyea
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, I'm still looking for some people to boardgame with as most of my friends are not really into it. Always down for it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior Camper
msg tools
Hey all. My Fiance and I just moved here in October. We were wondering if anyone had any groups in PG that did the gaming thing and lo and behold a short google search later here I am. We've only played Settler's, Ticket to Ride Europe, and the new ( I believe the name is) Settler's of America? Anyways, we are down for that kind of thing or something similiar.

Hopefully some traffic picks up at the site here.

Laters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Hunter
Canada
flag msg tools
I am part of a group that is planning a RPG & board game convention for October 15th & 16th here in PG.

The convention will be at Grama's Inn (by Spruceland). Doors and board game room open at 9:00am, and RPG's start at 10:00am. LARP takes over the board game room just before 6:00pm. But you can play all day & check out the RGPs if you are interested. There will be a variety of them running.

Admission is $10/day or $15/weekend. Snacks & BOTTLED drinks can be brought in providing they stay downstairs in the convention area.

If you are on facebook, you can check us out by searching "Prince George Mini-Con".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Hunter
Canada
flag msg tools
We are also in the process of setting up a non-profit organization to help connect gaming groups - of both sorts. There will be another convention in the Spring (this is the Mini, the Spring will be the NPO's AGM as well as a bigger convention) By Spring, we should have the membership base for the NPO set up to start the connection process.

Free membership with the NPO will give access to a database of gamers in PG & northern BC. The paid membership will grant voting privilages at meetings. All meetings are open to the public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin M
Canada
flag msg tools
I've been trying to keep an eye out for gamers in Prince George without much luck. I'm not into minis either, but am into trying new boardgames.

Some of the games I own include Arkham Horror, Cosmic Encounter, Killer Bunnies, Last Night on Earth and Shadows Over Camelot. A couple of them I haven't even had a chance to play yet.

If anything is being scheduled regularly I would be interested in hearing more about it. Feel free to send me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ry Gold
msg tools
Hey, I just recently moved to prince George and am also looking to get back into the board game scene(have previous experience a couple years back.) So if there are any group's around could someone tell me. Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thought I would bump the thread .....

My old crew of gamers bit the biscuit ... but I am willing to meet up once a month or so for a night of gaming. I have a solid selection of games myself and could probably drag one or two of my gaming buddies back into the fold. Life gets pretty busy when you have kids .
Looking forward to see what response this post brings.
Cheers, Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana Lytical
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello World

Is anybody still active on this thread? I am addicted to board games and am wondering if there are any others out and about in PG that might be interested in getting togeter periodically for a game. Bi-weekly would probably be best for me but I'm happy to join into a group that is already meeting if there is one.

Some of my current favourites include Dominion, Pandemic, Settlers, Ticket to Ride, etc.

Any takers?

Ana
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a ton of unplayed games and lots of other games I'd like to see played. I have wanted to set something up with others on this thread, but for one reason or another something seems to keep coming up which keeps preventing me from getting together with gamers in this thread. It's all on me too, not anyone else.

One of these days I'm hoping something slows down so I can get to be part of a regular gaming group. Right now I have a vacation coming up and I'm coaching high school football, which along with work is keeping me pretty tied up. Not to mention my own daughters' activities and other family obligations.

In the meantime my games collection keeps growing ('cause you know it is still easy to buy games!) and keeps gathering dust!

Edit: typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.