Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many things to like in the new deluxe edition. Of course, Mike Doyle's art always seems controversial - and I'll just say that, yes it is a bit too dark, but that I think there should be no difficulty in playing with it. To me, it's classy as hell.

But the cubes. The cubes are larger, however, the brown is a darker shade than before, and the result is that the purple (cloth) and brown (wood) cubes are nearly indistinguishable under anything other than perfect light.

The purple/brown curse shows up frequently - I recall it surfacing in some Warfrog games from time to time. But it is a shame that a high priced, and generally very nice edition should have this significant playability blemish.

BTW, the metal coins come with a charming velvet draw string purse bag, and each player has a colored cloth bag in which to store his pieces.

Less significant, the "gold" cubes really are gold, not yellow, and these can be hard to distinguish from the brown cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan Degann wrote:
Less significant, the "gold" cubes really are gold, not yellow, and these can be hard to distinguish from the brown cubes.

Not to mention heavy, I guess!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.