Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I stumbled across a small box at my local consignment store today. The Game of Words contained a clean, well preserved rule book and 54 small cards with letters on them. Milton Bradley. There was room in the box for a second stack of cards equal to the first. The box was broken out on one side.

A scan of the rules indicates that it's a Scrabble clone played freeform on the table.

It was $5 and I was about to buy it, but it says that when seven players play each player gets seven cards and the remainder are placed in a stack on the table. 49 cards out means five cards would remain, which leads me to believe the copy is incomplete, perhaps by a lot. Some of the cards appeared a bit darker than the others as well, which may indicate two copies combined to produce a still-incomplete set.

If anyone has any information on this game I would very much appreciate a response. I'm on the fence about whether to pick it up.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it this game?

Kan-U-Go

If so, then a scan of the rules here http://www.gtoal.com/wordgames/kanugo/ seems to suggest there should be 60 cards (including 2 jokers)

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    That's the one. So it's six cards short.

It wasn't the money so much as it being one more thing in a house full of meddling kids -- I feared for its safety.

I would buy it if it wasn't in the db just to get it listed with some photos, but since it's already there I've submitted a correction to the Kan-U-Go page.

Thank you thank you thank you. I really need to do more shopping at Shire Games.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem Sag.

When you described it, it sounded like a game I had as a kid, so I was interested to find it myself.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.