Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: T&E your turn notifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I have always wished that I could be notified via email (not necessarily by geekmail, either - but an option via email such as at littlegolem.net) when it is my turn in Tigris & Euphrates. In this email, I would like a link that I could click that will take my directly to that game. I find it a long, tedious process to go on to bgg, and navigate through all the links just to check & find out if it's my turn - only to find out that it's not. Especially if I'm playing with a slow player.

Another nice idea would be to have a small indicator like a red/green light on the navy blue bar at the top of the bgg home page (with Home | Games | My Geek | etc) that will turn green when it's my turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:
Another nice idea would be to have a small indicator like a red/green light on the navy blue bar at the top of the bgg home page (with Home | Games | My Geek | etc) that will turn green when it's my turn.


I've always wished for this too. www.littlegolem.net has a line that says "Your games: 9/47", meaning that it is my turn in 9 of the 47 games I am playing. That'd work great here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:
I have always wished that I could be notified via email (not necessarily by geekmail, either - but an option via email such as at littlegolem.net) when it is my turn in Tigris & Euphrates. In this email, I would like a link that I could click that will take my directly to that game. I find it a long, tedious process to go on to bgg, and navigate through all the links just to check & find out if it's my turn - only to find out that it's not. Especially if I'm playing with a slow player.


There must be a toggle option somewhere, because this is exactly what I get.

Although it does turn up in my junk folder - have you checked yours ??


N.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
To be honest, I haven't even played a game of T&E in about a year, largely because of the PITA checking to see when it was my turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I get turn notifications.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Just via geekmail or email as well? Do the notifications contain direct links to take you to your game? I still like the idea of having a clickable on/off light somewhere on your bgg page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:
Just via geekmail or email as well? Do the notifications contain direct links to take you to your game? I still like the idea of having a clickable on/off light somewhere on your bgg page.


For me:

Via email, but not via Geekmail.

Yes, they contain a direct clickable link.

I've been trying to find where the on/off switch is, but with no luck. I wonder if the older members get turn reminders, but newer users don't ??


N.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Bond...
badge
...how British am I?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
There must be a toggle option somewhere, because this is exactly what I get.

I've been trying to find where the on/off switch is, but with no luck. I wonder if the older members get turn reminders, but newer users don't ??


It has nothing to do with seniority. Just make sure that your e-mail address is entered in your BGG user profile and the e-mail turn notifications will come thereafter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.