Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WTF? There aren't any wolves in New Zealand. Actually, there aren't any dangerous animals at all.

Man, that's dumb. Why theme a game in a country if you can't even do some research on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am with you on the WTF feeling of this game. This looks like it was designed with Christopher Columbus in mind and then someone decided it needed a more exotic theme .

For those who don't know about the fauna of NZ... we have only one native land mammel which is a bat. A handful of sea mammels and the rest are birds. I don't recall any extinct mammels. Also the reason why alot of our birds evolved with minimal defense capabilities is the lack of predators in NZ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Brown
New Zealand
Palmerston North
Manawatu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to add my dismay at the lack of research that went into this. I should create a similar game about crossing Germany and trying to avoid the native Tigers. yuk

EDIT - I guess if the game was set in 1944 there might be a few Tigers around... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The alligators ate all the wolves... and then the Maori ate all the alligators after the moas ran out...

Of course this total lack of research on behalf of the game developers means that I'll probably have to buy it now so I can laugh at all the other crazy things in there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boyd Ludlow
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innocent Bystander wrote:
Of course this total lack of research on behalf of the game developers means that I'll probably have to buy it now so I can laugh at all the other crazy things in there

These were my thoughts too. And having grown up in such an insignificant little town as Gisborne it would be cool to have a game with it as part of the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Brown
New Zealand
Palmerston North
Manawatu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:

These were my thoughts too. And having grown up in such an insignificant little town as Gisborne it would be cool to have a game with it as part of the theme.

Heh I'm from Wairoa originally... the river protected us from the wolves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfman_NZ wrote:

OMG, He's... he's one of them. The wolves must have gotten him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Gisborne was a particularly crap "Kartographen" and was actually exploring Northern Europe by mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
after a quick look over the illustrations on the game pieces it's a big one down for the publisher and designer. In the whole it is easier to point out the thingies the designer got right.
In gamespeak: Back to start.
I will dump my copy ASAP. OTOH I do not know if I my consience can cope with the knowledge that I sold it to s/o unsuspecting.

In my general opinion people, esp.kids, learn from games. And publishers whose games do not reflect this fact; whose games are, without need, distribute errors, should not be encouraged.(Polite version)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahahahaha.

Wolves in Gisborne.... oh my....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.