Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The English release... is there any benefit to pre-ordering, or will i just get the same copy that i would if i waited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The original pre-order deal included 24 new cards, plus maybe (described as 90% chance) animeeples instead of wooden cubes for the animals. So yes, technically a pre-order gets you something special.

However, the chance that these goodies will somehow be available to people beyond those who pre-ordered is pretty darn high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
However, the chance that these goodies will somehow be available to people beyond those who pre-ordered is pretty darn high.

What's the basis for that supposition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Quote:

Umm, that people will be willing to pay money for them, probably enough to make a profit from selling them as an expansion or what have you. Board game margins are pretty thin. I doubt anyone is going to leave that lying on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
galfridus wrote:
The original pre-order deal included 24 new cards, plus maybe (described as 90% chance) animeeples instead of wooden cubes for the animals. So yes, technically a pre-order gets you something special.

Does this offer still pertain to new pre-orders? I.E. if I pre-order now, am I included in the animeeple offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_grip wrote:
galfridus wrote:

Does this offer still pertain to new pre-orders? I.E. if I pre-order now, am I included in the animeeple offer?

No, the Animeeples were exclusive to Z-man's pre-order window closed at end of 2007. Any pre-order copies obtained through on-line/retail channels will only contain the 24-card bonus - no animeeples.

The German "Pimp-my-Agricola-Box" set is being done by Lookout Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Quote:

Personal experience and observation of the boardgame industry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say this, nearly a year later Battlelore fans are still waiting for a widely available Hill Giant and at this point I don't think we are going to see it. So the pre-order stuff may never be made widely available, there are certainly no guarantees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I emailed Z-Games, and they said the animeeples will not be available through them since the pre-order window closed. I was redirected to Lookout Games (whom I have emailed).

It is a shame, too... this game looks great, but, as I will be playing with younger people, I know blocks representing animals will fail miserably. Too bad... I'll wait to see if the animeeples come back around. Until then, I'll pass on this for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're saying there is a pimp my Agricola from Lookout? What does it contain? (Lame question whose answer I might be able to find out by a little searching, but I ask here anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennard
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
So you're saying there is a pimp my Agricola from Lookout?

Here, I've done your hard work for you

This started as a hint on Spielbox and was sort-of-confirmed by Hanno on the Lookout forum, here.
It's still very much in the "ideas" phase by the looks of it, but it sounds like they're hoping to include the (now almost legendary) animeeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.