California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this tonight with 4 players and it was quite enjoyable. I picked this up recently after seeing the 2nd printing was available. I had some interest a few months ago but it dropped off my radar. Now I'm glad I checked it out again. You can thank Tom Vasel since he picked it as a top 10 game of 2007. I think everyone enjoyed it as a light filler game. It's going to be a keeper in my collection. Good job on a self published game. I love to support small game publishers and this is both well designed and attractively presented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you Scott, great little filler game that's easy to learn and quick to play!

Cheers,

Giles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the original version (Archaeology), but that was good fun. Tom Vasel's top 10? Wow! I'm glad to hear that Phil's games are so widely respected :-)

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Also, a reminder that the new version has the rule of Eight.

Eight - # of players = # of sandstorms in the game. This means you only have four sandstorms when playing with four, but six when playing with two players. I think this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Also, a reminder that the new version has the rule of Eight.

Eight - # of players = # of sandstorms in the game. This means you only have four sandstorms when playing with four, but six when playing with two players. I think this helps.

Yeah, I'm glad they changed that. Having 6 in the deck with 4 players would of sucked. I liked the 4 though. There was a difinite push your luck aspect there. I had collected a hand of good cards I held onto for a few rounds hoping we didn't get a Sandstorm.

Also, interesting enough at the beginning of game 2 of the 4 Pharaoh's Masks were in the Marketplace. At end of game 3 of the 4 were back in the Marketplace! They kept getting stolen by the thief and moving around or getting traded for other stuff.

Fun and want to play again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.