Subject: A couple questions i need help with rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Neugebauer
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
1. When you play a card as an event do you still need to preform support checks when placing cubes in states that your opponent is carrying? (or do support checks apply only to the playing of CP points)

2. The brat pack card lets Kennedy pull 2 cards and if they have the party icon allows them to be played. If a card has both the party icons for the repubs and dems on it does that still count? (or must it be a card with only the dem icon)

3. I want to make sure im doing support checks right. Lets say a state has one blue cube in it. I am red and want to do a support check. I pull 2 red and 1 blue cube. Do i then remove the 1 blue cube in the state and add the second red? (in other words does the blue cube that was drawn during the support check have any meaning other then it just cut the 3 cube pull down by 33%)

4. What is the reason to est. initiative for Election day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1. No, you do what the event tells you. If it says make a support check, do it. If not, no support check needed.

2. If it has both icons, it can be played. THis may cause the Kennedy player harm.

3. The blue cube that was drawn does nothing more than remove a cube from your opponent out of the bag. It would be set aside. The first red cancels the blue already on the board and both are removed as well. The second and final red cube is the only one placed on the board.

4. est? establish? Initiative on election day allows you to do your final support checks first. This may cause all of the cubes to be pulled out of the bag leaving none for the next player. So it is an advantage to go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Neugebauer
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thanks alot for the help one last question.
Can a player put down more then one cube in a state per turn/ Example if I play my nixon card could i put all 5 cpo down in the same state (assuming no support checks are needed etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes. The only restriction is that you can't campaign in a state, campaign in a 2nd state, and then go back to the first state to campaign again. But if you decide to use all your Cmapaign points in one state, more power to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, be careful with the event card/support checks. Whistlestop is an event that lets you campaign with 7 CP. So if you use those CP in a state where you would normally make support checks while campaigning, you still have to do so. If the event says "gain state support", you are not campaigning, and thus are not required to do any support checks ever. As was said before, do what the card says.

(Btw, nice avatar change, coltsfan. I approve.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.