Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
During our last session of PoTE with Exp. 5-6 players we came to discussion upon 2 new cards: "Regan Hamleigh" and "The King will not grant an audience!"

1. Regan Hamleigh in the text says: anytime during the turn can convert 3 coins into 1 VP. Is it possible to do this only ONE TIME per TURN or could I use this power for more than 3 coins??? Ex. 9 coins into 3 VPs?

2. "The King will not grant an audience!" : the card says that the "ongoing" privileges of advantage cards are cancelled for the NEXT round.
What is the meaning of "next round"? Is it the round just beginning, or the next one as the event card of wall collapsing? So is it still possible to use ongoing advantage card in the current round?
Thanks

Nice game played as vanilla, with expansion it becomes even more challenging and tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:
1. Regan Hamleigh in the text says: anytime during the turn can convert 3 coins into 1 VP. Is it possible to do this only ONE TIME per TURN or could I use this power for more than 3 coins??? Ex. 9 coins into 3 VPs?

You have this the wrong way round. It's 1 VP to 3 gold. As often as you like.

Quote:
2. "The King will not grant an audience!" : the card says that the "ongoing" privileges of advantage cards are cancelled for the NEXT round.
What is the meaning of "next round"? Is it the round just beginning, or the next one as the event card of wall collapsing?

The current round is nearly over. Workers and master builders are already placed.
Next round is next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "Regan Hamleigh" and "The King will not grant an audienc
Werbaer wrote:
starpino wrote:

Quote:
What is the meaning of "next round"? Is it the round just beginning, or the next one as the event card of wall collapsing?

The current round is nearly over. Workers and master builders are already placed.

Thanks for your answers!!! This makes Regan so strong compared with other advantage cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
Werbaer wrote:
starpino wrote:

The translated rules say
"..at any time, trade 3 gold for 1 victory point."

I think it needs re-wording. "Sacrifice 1 VP to get 3 Gold"
Otherwise she is the same as the goldsmith.

I`ll be fixing the translations that I have and re-printing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Werbaer wrote:
starpino wrote:

But many advantage cards have yet to be used at that point in the round. For example, the cards that give you an extra resource, or Sally - they are only used when resolving a particular location on the board, and they all come AFTER the event card. We played that the cards were not active until the next event card was drawn - this seemed more intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liggur wrote:
Werbaer wrote:
starpino wrote:

The translated rules say
"..at any time, trade 3 gold for 1 victory point."

I think it needs re-wording. "Sacrifice 1 VP to get 3 Gold"
Otherwise she is the same as the goldsmith.

I`ll be fixing the translations that I have and re-printing them.

Pasteups fixed and upload is now pending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.