Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Moore
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My nephew is just 3 and doesn't really grasp the concept of rules yet but there are a few things we do to introduce him to structured gameplay. Recently I found Anima at a discount store and after hearing that his mom was going to buy candyland I decided to buy it. We use it to demonstrate moving the ghost forward only to the colour that is rolled on the die. Today my wife was babysitting and I thought I'd pull out Dead Man's Treasure. It has very sturdy cardboard oval "islands" and nice numbered treasure chests. I pulled out the six islands and six treasure chest numbered one to six. Everything else I kept in the box. let him play independantly with them for a bit and then I took the treasure chests and shuffled them and placed one face down on each island and challeged him to find them in sequence. Flipping one up then, if wrong, returning it face down to the island he took it from and trying again until he had collected all six chests in order.
He had a lot of fun trying the "game" a few times. While he didn't seem to grasp the concept of doing it in as few tries as possible (he didn't really care whether he flipped up the wrong one every single time even though he knew what number was hidden there) he was introduced to a type of memory game and set collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.